Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Aug-06-2016 08:37:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Re: DNA tests

sschkaak wrote:

TB:  Instead of posting, at your site, that lame youtube video on why someone's Native American ancestry might not show up on a DNA test, just take the test.  If you're "at least 3/8" Indian, as you professed to be, on this forum, that's "at least" 37.5% Native American.  There is nothing in this video which explains away that giant percentage of one's DNA!  All this guy did was show what anyone should be able to figure out, themselves:  If the last full-blood Indian in your background is a great-great-great-grandparent, then your genetic inheritance from that person is 3.125%--which is hardly indistinguishable from statistical uncertainty for these tests.

Simple math. big_smile

#27 Aug-16-2016 09:35:pm

Chevy

sschkaak wrote:

The Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test is now on sale, at its lowest price ever:  $69.  I urge all--but especially undocumented claimants--to take this autosomal DNA test which has the myOrigins component showing racial (biogeographical) ancestry.  Let us know the results!

https://www.familytreedna.com/family-fi … mpare.aspx

I wish I had the $69. I'd run my brother's dna through Family Finder.

I matched an Irishman, that I thought I matched through my Dad's side. One of my Paternal G. Grandfather's descendants married a person with same last name, but nope, it's way farther back than that, & unknown if my Paternal or Maternal side of the family.

It's really interesting, because his family came from this area.

This book about the area is really interesting. Check it out! smiletonguecool

Accomack of earlier Jamestown VA

Full text of "Ye kingdome of Accawmacke, or, The Eastern Shore of Virginia in the seventeenth century"
See other formats

https://archive.org/stream/yekingdomeof … e_djvu.txt

edit to  add I thought I matched him on my Newcomb side, and by coincidence he and his half brother do have Newcomb matches. He has 22 matches with people that have Newcomb in their trees for the autosomal test at Ancestry. His  half brother has 14. We have the same mother. He thinks we match through his Mother, but unknown how. I match both him and his half brother.

Last edited by Chevy (Aug-16-2016 09:40:pm)

#28 Aug-26-2016 04:38:pm

sschkaak
Website

From FamilyTreeDNA:

You have until midnight (CST) on Wednesday, August 31st, to get sizzling hot savings on our Family Finder test!  Our lowest price ever...ends soon!           

Our signature autosomal DNA test is at our lowest price ever, so order now while there's still time to save big and discover, match and connect more dots on your family tree!

#29 Jun-11-2017 11:51:am

sschkaak
Website

sschkaak wrote:

The Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test is now on sale, at its lowest price ever:  $69.  I urge all--but especially undocumented claimants--to take this autosomal DNA test which has the myOrigins component showing racial (biogeographical) ancestry.  Let us know the results!

Any results to report, yet?

Last edited by sschkaak (Jun-11-2017 11:54:am)

#30 Nov-24-2017 11:27:am

sschkaak
Website

Today through Noveember 27th:  $49 for Family Fiinder test.  www.ftdna.com .

Last edited by sschkaak (Nov-24-2017 11:27:am)

#31 Mar-21-2018 08:38:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

Omg, you guys are drinking the koolaide. I've dove deep into the DNA thing.
My Mtdna is a rare J clad, where found? Yakuts in Siberia since they don't yet have the savy to keep their info private. Where else is it known? Moqui land in the four corners area of good ol USA. Strong tribes have sovereignty and control over their information of course.
Then it comes down to YDNA, R1B which someone decided is Irish. Who decides that?
When R1b testers in Ireland show a good signal for Native American. It's true, this is not a conspiracy just plain lies.
They don't even mention that R1b exists in a substantial way in many tribes on both sides of the Canada border.
Well because Columbus, even though he witnessed Indians washing up In Ireland !
So out of all the tribes listed having a high percentage of R1b, guess what? Metis isn't one of them.
Out of all the different nations who contributed to the fur trade only one YDNA clad is present and now it's Irish?
And the clamor in Ireland is so loud that the Irish government got involved to test everyone. But guess what AGAIN,
Northern Ireland isn't talking about it. I guess the Red Paint People's got around didn't they.
I wish I were white or black because being red in this country really sucks since our new leader.
Maybe someday I'll have my own website where I can state the data I'm looking at is a fact.
Or just blindly follow someone's else's.

What DNA testing leads to is more testing, it's a fools folly this early in the game. Especially considering the above.
It's like a monkey pissing into a cash register, it runs into money.
I've got two tests I'm giving away to the next white people that want them, it's their privledge right?

Saw a nice documentary about the first black baseball player. I absolutely loved looking at his wife and seeing all that Indian under the black culture.
And the pbs station stepped very gently on the use of many racist words, considering the context I think it was important to see just how far black America has come.
I wish the same for red America someday, maybe after all the natives rights have been stripped we can be seen as equals.
But then today, on a kid show, Dinosaur Train a science show! The topic was about adapting to drought, and a little kid dinosaur kept talking about rain dances. Since I come directly from a culture that did that well.
There is a long way to go.

My Grandmother was a hostile, I guess I'm an undocumented uppity redskin.

They say there only 5 Mtdna clads as Native American.
I've got a paper trail and come from the most studied and isolated tribe in the USA.
It's really easy to spot bias in favor of the white guys.

What color corn do you grow?

#32 Mar-21-2018 08:50:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

#33 Mar-22-2018 11:43:am

sschkaak
Website

You've got to forget about Y-DNA and mtDNA.  If you are R1b, all it shows is that you had one European male ancestor--ON YOUR DIRECT MALE LINE--in any generation from your father on back to the first R1b man, several thousand years ago.  All the rest of your male forbears--IN THAT DIRECT LINE--could be one-half, three-quarters, seven-eighths, and up to 99/100 and higher Indian BQ; but, they would ALL be R1b.  And, this same thing holds true for your mtDNA group--ON YOUR DIRECT FEMALE LINE.  If one Yakut female shows up ANYWHERE on this line, ALL the females after her--IN THAT DIRECT FEMALE LINE--will show up as J.

Your characterization of R1b as just "Irish," is ridiculous.  Join the Rootsweb-DNA List and learn a lot more about DNA than you know, right now.  I'm R1b and my direct male line goes back to Germany.

Only an autosomal DNA test will give you a very accurate picture of your RACIAL background (Black; White; East Asian; American Indian.  It has never been as accurate with ETHNIC background.  You need to take the FTDNA Family Finder test to see what your results are for RACE (Biogeographical Ancestry, for those who prefer euphemisms.)  Like I said before, I know Indians who have taken this test and they always show up as American Indians.  Not always as full-bloods, but always with a measureable percentage--normally, a high one.

Good luck!  Let us know your results.  I think you'll be happy with them.  (At least, "happier.")

#34 Mar-22-2018 11:52:am

sschkaak
Website

Let me state this another way:  Everyone has 512 seventh great-grandparents.  Of those, 510 could be American Indians; but, if just the two seventh great-grandparents ON THE DIRECT MALE AND FEMALE LINES are non-Indians, and everyone in succeeding generations is an Indian, such a person's Y-DNA and mtDNA groups will show up as non-Indian.  HOWEVER, on the autosomal DNA test, such a person would show up as more than 90% American Indian.

Last edited by sschkaak (Mar-22-2018 12:01:pm)

#35 Apr-14-2018 02:57:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

Jack Forbes wrote an excellent book called " The American Discovery of Europe" highly recommend.

#36 Apr-15-2018 09:26:am

sschkaak
Website

NeoPaleo wrote:

Jack Forbes wrote an excellent book called " The American Discovery of Europe" highly recommend.

In what way is this an excellent book?  And, how is it relevant to DNA--the subject of this thread?

Last edited by sschkaak (Apr-15-2018 09:27:am)

Board footer