Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Aug-06-2016 08:37:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Re: DNA tests

sschkaak wrote:

TB:  Instead of posting, at your site, that lame youtube video on why someone's Native American ancestry might not show up on a DNA test, just take the test.  If you're "at least 3/8" Indian, as you professed to be, on this forum, that's "at least" 37.5% Native American.  There is nothing in this video which explains away that giant percentage of one's DNA!  All this guy did was show what anyone should be able to figure out, themselves:  If the last full-blood Indian in your background is a great-great-great-grandparent, then your genetic inheritance from that person is 3.125%--which is hardly indistinguishable from statistical uncertainty for these tests.

Simple math. big_smile

#27 Aug-16-2016 09:35:pm

Chevy

sschkaak wrote:

The Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test is now on sale, at its lowest price ever:  $69.  I urge all--but especially undocumented claimants--to take this autosomal DNA test which has the myOrigins component showing racial (biogeographical) ancestry.  Let us know the results!

https://www.familytreedna.com/family-fi … mpare.aspx

I wish I had the $69. I'd run my brother's dna through Family Finder.

I matched an Irishman, that I thought I matched through my Dad's side. One of my Paternal G. Grandfather's descendants married a person with same last name, but nope, it's way farther back than that, & unknown if my Paternal or Maternal side of the family.

It's really interesting, because his family came from this area.

This book about the area is really interesting. Check it out! smiletonguecool

Accomack of earlier Jamestown VA

Full text of "Ye kingdome of Accawmacke, or, The Eastern Shore of Virginia in the seventeenth century"
See other formats

https://archive.org/stream/yekingdomeof … e_djvu.txt

edit to  add I thought I matched him on my Newcomb side, and by coincidence he and his half brother do have Newcomb matches. He has 22 matches with people that have Newcomb in their trees for the autosomal test at Ancestry. His  half brother has 14. We have the same mother. He thinks we match through his Mother, but unknown how. I match both him and his half brother.

Last edited by Chevy (Aug-16-2016 09:40:pm)

#28 Aug-26-2016 04:38:pm

sschkaak
Website

From FamilyTreeDNA:

You have until midnight (CST) on Wednesday, August 31st, to get sizzling hot savings on our Family Finder test!  Our lowest price ever...ends soon!           

Our signature autosomal DNA test is at our lowest price ever, so order now while there's still time to save big and discover, match and connect more dots on your family tree!

#29 Jun-11-2017 11:51:am

sschkaak
Website

sschkaak wrote:

The Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test is now on sale, at its lowest price ever:  $69.  I urge all--but especially undocumented claimants--to take this autosomal DNA test which has the myOrigins component showing racial (biogeographical) ancestry.  Let us know the results!

Any results to report, yet?

Last edited by sschkaak (Jun-11-2017 11:54:am)

#30 Nov-24-2017 11:27:am

sschkaak
Website

Today through Noveember 27th:  $49 for Family Fiinder test.  www.ftdna.com .

Last edited by sschkaak (Nov-24-2017 11:27:am)

Board footer