You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Sep-07-2014 05:58:pm

sschkaak
Website

Re: The Grandfathers Speak - a review

Alas!  Another from Treebeard:

David Chamberlain says:

Looks like we agree to disagree Mr. Whritenour. my line above, "I've hunted with the Cree & .... with the not Bugwayjinini, should have read " I've hunted with the Cree & discussed this with the Anishinabi, who call him(Big Foot) "Bugwayjinini. I could go on and on refuting all of your arguments above, but why waste my breath?
Another thing I can't let go: Sam Gray Wolf didn't start our Big Horn Lenape; he allowed us to join with the UELN in 1989. We started about 1980. Our Chief/ Tamakwanaxk is related to the Pools of Towanda, Pa and to the Welles family. Like my family, his never went onto a Reservation, and he was adopted by my Great Great Uncle Ford Chamberlin's daughter, who was proud of her Native ancestry, as is my family. Our families know who we are and nothing needs to be proved to you. Who do you think you are? Like we need your approval!

#27 Sep-07-2014 06:41:pm

sschkaak
Website

And, another reply!  hmm

Raymond Whritenour says:

Look: These are your words, directly quoted from an article YOU wrote, in 1989: "My good friend, Chief Sam Hannah Gray Wolf, ...has given me the help and paperwork to form a local/area Lenape' Band/Tribe ..." Hannah gave you help to form your tribe. YOU said it! I didn't.

What do you mean by your chief is "related to the Pools," etc.? Is he a Pool descendant, himself, or just related through marriage? If he's a Pool descendant, he MIGHT have a bit of Indian ancestry. Why don't you all check your genetic backgrounds with the new, comprehensive DNA tests?

Thanks for the name. Every Ford Chamberlain in every federal census is listed as "White;" as are the wives and children of them. This goes back to the 1850 census. It looks like DNA testing is in order for you, too.

You don't need my "approval" for anything. You don't need to "prove" anything to me, either--unless you want me and others to be assured that you do have Indian ancestry. If you don't care, then, by all means, don't. This is a side issue, anyway, as I said before. It's your book that I find riddled with errors.

#28 Sep-07-2014 08:07:pm

sschkaak
Website

The latest.  Hopefully, the last.   neutral

David Chamberlain says:

My words should have been more explicit, "have formed a Band of the UELN". You are just taking things way too literal. It definitely wasn't the way you present it.
We believe our Grandparents. We don't need no DNA testing. Get it through your head!
Of course Ford Chamberlains are listed as White; who in that time period would put Indian on a Census? Not many! All of my ancestors are listed as White, even my full blood Lenape Great Grandmother! I talked to her as a young child, and she told me to always remember and to be proud of my Native Ancestry. She, along with my Oldest Uncle, two of my aunts & my father were great encouragements in my Native pursuits.
I really could care less if you believe me or not. I know it's blow to your ego, but your opinion doesn't really matter. Then leave the matter to my book & quit attacking me personally. You are beginning to show that you are a real posterior reality! Your cousin has you pegged right on.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raymond Whritenour says:

Gee! Now you've hurt my feelings. I was trying to help you prove to yourself just how much Indian blood you have--as I did for myself. No personal attack was levelled at you. I simply responded to your statements. Get a grip. You're right, though. It's your book that should be critiqued, here.

BTW, I don't know who is telling you he or she is my "cousin," but I seriously doubt it.

#29 Sep-07-2014 08:08:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

This is pure gold! Thank you Treebeard. wink

sschkaak wrote:

Alas!  Another from Treebeard:

David Chamberlain says:

Looks like we agree to disagree Mr. Whritenour. my line above, "I've hunted with the Cree & .... with the not Bugwayjinini, should have read " I've hunted with the Cree & discussed this with the Anishinabi, who call him(Big Foot) "Bugwayjinini. I could go on and on refuting all of your arguments above, but why waste my breath?
Another thing I can't let go: Sam Gray Wolf didn't start our Big Horn Lenape; he allowed us to join with the UELN in 1989. We started about 1980. Our Chief/ Tamakwanaxk is related to the Pools of Towanda, Pa and to the Welles family. Like my family, his never went onto a Reservation, and he was adopted by my Great Great Uncle Ford Chamberlin's daughter, who was proud of her Native ancestry, as is my family. Our families know who we are and nothing needs to be proved to you. Who do you think you are? Like we need your approval!

#30 Sep-08-2014 01:20:pm

NanticokePiney

WOW! My great grandparents are listed as Indian. So I guess Treebeard is white. yikes

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#31 Sep-08-2014 01:39:pm

sschkaak
Website

Well...  the census takers didn't always identify people correctly, by race or color.  In fact, they usually didn't with Indians or mixed-blood Indians in the Eastern states--unless they lived on the reservations.  HOWEVER, as I pointed out on the Sam Hannah thread, a census which lists an ancestor as "W" or "B" can't be used as evidence that that ancestor was Indian--simply because census takers made a lot of errors regarding this.  That's why it's such good evidence when an ancestor IS listed as "I" or "In" on a census (or other records, for that matter).  Absent any documentation like this, DNA test results are the only good evidence left to anyone.

#32 Sep-10-2014 11:54:pm

sschkaak
Website

5 of the last 6 comments by Treebeard, on my review, have been deleted at Amazon.  neutral

#33 Sep-11-2014 07:42:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

sschkaak wrote:

5 of the last 6 comments by Treebeard, on my review, have been deleted at Amazon.  neutral

Uh that is weird. So basically it looks like you're talking to yourself now? neutral

#34 Sep-11-2014 07:52:am

sschkaak
Website

In some comments, it does look that way.  In others, I included TB's comments in the body of my own; so, all is not lost.  And, of course, I think all the deleted ones are posted here.  I'm not sure whether or not I'll delete mine that have no context, now.

#35 Sep-12-2014 10:07:am

Suckachsinheet

It may be that Amazon is not interested in allowing their review section to become a forum for a running debate, even if it does concern the content of the book. There may be a policy of one review, one rebuttal by the author, and a follow-up, or something like that.

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#36 Sep-12-2014 10:22:am

sschkaak
Website

No.  They haven't deleted any of my comments, nor those of C. Pfleghardt--nor all of TB's.

#37 Sep-12-2014 10:40:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

I poked around on Amazon and it appears to me that the only time that they delete things is when they are reported (note the little report button on each post). I can only guess why those were deleted. hmm

#38 Sep-12-2014 11:39:am

sschkaak
Website

I really don't know why they were deleted.  I didn't see anything I felt should be censored.

#39 Sep-12-2014 08:59:pm

NanticokePiney

The lame brain reported himself?yikes

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#40 Sep-02-2017 03:03:pm

sschkaak
Website

I see that most of my comments on my review of this book have been removed at Amazon.  I can't imagine how that happened.  LOL!  At least, they're all still here, on this forum.

Board footer