Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 Feb-18-2015 02:16:pm

NanticokePiney

Re: By request: William Lee Littlesoldier.

300lb white tail deer?????yikes

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/storie … oldier.htm

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#52 Feb-28-2015 08:23:pm

NanticokePiney

We now have completed our case. I will somtime this week request a case number from the 10th District Court in Denver, Co. It was difficult to check the right box you must check (since you can only choose ONE) because they(BIA and the D.of Interior) violated so many laws. We are going for the last box which is for "Administrative Actions". I have to also file certain paper work to eliminate the cost of iling, hopefully. WE can still use some donations for this as we are going to probably hire some expert witnesses. For that go to our tribes website at "munseedelawareindiannation-usa.us"or mine for the address or call the office at 740-435-8590 for more info. Stay tuned and thanks for all who are helping us take down this corrupt Department, Aneeshuk)! (Thank you.

yikes ........no words........

#53 Feb-28-2015 08:59:pm

NanticokePiney

Oh boy.........

Our case against the BIA is getting closer to being filed. ANYBODY, ANY TRIBE; who has ever had to deal with R. Lee Flemming of the BIA Acknowledgement Branch, PLEASE contact us or me and tell us about this corrupt person and how he affected your people. Contact me here or at our tribes email address at : munseedelaware@yahoo.com (preferred over FB) or CALL our office at 740-435-6590, mail box 2, Thanks! We are still trying to raise funds for this case. Please send what you can to the tribes office at 70463 Hopewell rd. , Cambridge Res. Ohio 43725-marked "legal Defense" It will be delivered to our tribes treasure. Again, Aneeshi! Thank you

#54 Mar-11-2015 12:12:am

NanticokePiney

yikes 

Our battle continues against the BIA. I have been trying to get an appointment with the Deputy Commissioner of the Department of the Interior. As of this date, there has been NO response to anything sent to his office by our assistant Legal Counsel , Ron Allen of the Tribal Associates Group, Lexington Virginia or myself . We have sent more then 50 documents and still nothing. I learned today; that once again; they posted the FALSE acknowledgment findings on the national Register as of December. The director of the BIA, and Lee R. Fleeming and now the deputy commissioner, Kevin Washburn are violating numerous federal laws by doing this since they have undisputable facts that we never applied as they WERE NOT TAKING APPLICATIONS as seen in the letter at the bottom of the Current Events page. We will sue the United States government sometime this year. I have had it with there stonewalling us. If I have to drive there and sit out side the office of the Director of the Department of Interior for DAYS , I will. I have had it with the slander and liable this agency has done. Since the late 1970's, it has cost our tribe MILLIONS in revenues and investments. We will GET millions in damages. I will never give up on clearing this for my people.

#55 Mar-11-2015 08:35:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

And our word for the day is D E L U S I O N A L

If anyone reads those documents from when they applied for recognition you can see that he was part of the process.

#56 May-31-2015 07:03:pm

NanticokePiney

From Facebook

Sad news here in Ohio. It is with great sadness that I report the passing of Chief Hawk Pope, Principal Chief of the Ohio Shawnee Nation-United Remnant Band at 4am Wednesday morning at the Zane Shawnee Caverns where he lived. Little details were given but I was aware of his declining health. He was buried the next day at the caverns. He had been chief of his band since 1972 and was a great artist as well. He did much to educate many on the Shawnee traditions. In the early 70's, he, along with my tribe, Potawatamies, Chocktaw, bands of Cherokee, Chippawa and other tribes formed "The Tucumsah Confederacy ". At its peak, it had more then 3,000 members.
Also, he did some of the sound tracks for the Disney movie "Pocahantos" and Kevin Cosners's "500 Nations" which was a 6 part mini series. (any one who has not seen "500 Nations" check it out, very well done). Our tribe had treaties with them for decades. Even though we had our ups and downs over the years, he will be missed., Chief Little Soldier

More from Facebook....TAXES?????

Attention tribal members, I need some HELP out here! Too hard to keep up with. Council: work days every month. Have had no one here. Trying to get new sweat lodge started but land maintenance is killing me! ALSO those who have not paid their taxes need to do so soon, treasury is VERY low with all the upgrades and equipment needs this year.

STILL WAITING FOR SOME HELP OUT HERE TRIBE! Can't do this all by myself. ANY volunteers from anybody would be welcome. I'll feed you.

#57 Jun-01-2015 08:32:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

There have always been taxes. From years and years ago....

/pb.php?url=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/onewhoknows/Picture.jpg

#58 Jun-01-2015 10:09:am

NanticokePiney

Sachem Smedley???? yikes

lol

#59 Jun-01-2015 10:14:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

His daughter.

#60 Dec-10-2016 12:13:pm

sschkaak
Website

Tribe’s False Recognition Case Moved To DC Court

By Michael Phillis

https://www.law360.com/articles/869379?sidebar=true

Law360, New York (December 7, 2016, 12:28 PM EST) -- A suit brought in Colorado federal court in which the Munsee Delaware Indian Nation-USA allege it was incorrectly listed by the Bureau of Indian Affairs as having been denied federal recognition despite never applying for it belongs in Washington, D.C., a federal magistrate judge has found.

Despite the tribe claiming that some of the actions that led to the alleged wrongful listing took place in Colorado, the act at the center of the case was the listing of the tribe by an agency based in Washington, D.C., Magistrate Judge Michael Watanabe ordered Monday.

“The acts or omissions giving rise to petitioners’ claims took place in Washington, D.C., where respondents maintain the aggrieved-of list [of] Indian tribes that have been denied recognition,” the order said. “Any relationship with the state of Colorado, as far as the court can tell from the pleadings, is incidental.”

The tribe has treaties with the federal government that predate the Bureau of Indian Affairs, meaning they are already recognized, the October complaint argued. Submitted by William Little Soldier, a man who identified himself as its chief, the complaint alleged that back in the 1970s the tribe applied for a grant with the bureau but was informed five years later it had been denied federal recognition despite never having applied.

The suit against the bureau and R. Lee Fleming, listed as the director of the office of federal acknowledgement at the bureau, alleges that the denial of federal recognition listing can only be explained by Fleming’s “jealousy or greed,” the complaint said.

Judge Watanabe said Soldier’s request to have the case heard in Colorado constituted the classic definition of “boot-strapping,” which refers to attempts to gain jurisdiction through tangled relationships.

“The only relationship to Colorado is that apparently petitioner Little Soldier and the Munsee Delaware Indian Nation were based out of Colorado for a time in the 1970s,” the judge said. “Any relationship with the state of Colorado, as far as the court can tell from the pleadings, is incidental and unrelated to the petitioners’ claims for relief.”

The tribe wants its name removed from the list of tribes with denied recognition in addition to a declaratory judgment in its favor for $50 million. Soldier also asked for an apology from Congress.

Representatives for the bureau did not comment Wednesday.

Representatives for the tribe could not be reached.

Counsel information for the tribe and defendants was not immediately available.

The case is Munsee Delaware Indian Nation et al. v. Fleming et al., case number 1:16-cv-02345, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.

--Additional reporting by Christine Powell. Editing by Richard McVay and Jack Karp.

Last edited by sschkaak (Dec-10-2016 12:14:pm)

#61 Dec-13-2016 02:46:pm

Suckachsinheet

Hope beats eternal...

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#62 Dec-14-2016 07:21:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

The tribe has treaties with the federal government that predate the Bureau of Indian Affairs, meaning they are already recognized, the October complaint argued. Submitted by William Little Soldier, a man who identified himself as its chief, the complaint alleged that back in the 1970s the tribe applied for a grant with the bureau but was informed five years later it had been denied federal recognition despite never having applied.

What....neutral  He is more delusional than ever. roll

Board footer