Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Nov-01-2009 01:49:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Moonfire Meeting House

I ran across this site, was wondering what you all thought about this kind of thing.

......................................................................................

http://www.moonfiremeetinghouse.com/about/

About Moonfire....

Moonfire Meeting House has been offering workshops on a variety of wellness and holistic health care-related topics for body, mind, soul and spirit, like: nutrition, herbs, shamanic journey work, meditation, stress reduction methods, beading classes, healing techniques in numerous modalities and communication technologies, throughout Long Island and N.Y.C. since 1990.   

Located in beautiful Southampton, this Center for Holistic Wellness, Earth Education and Spiritual Development sponsors seasonal community celebrations and retreats, Native-based fire ceremonies, an annual trip to New Mexico and Colorado for a nine day Native American Healing Ceremony called The Journey of The Waters, Women's Wellness Weekends, an ongoing Circle of Women empowering women and girls throughout the area, prayer circles, and Environmental and Earth Education programs for the entire family. In 1995 Moonfire spawned The School of Women's Ways.
Spiritual Counseling, Hypnosis, Personal Rituals and Shamanic practices for balance and harmony, Reflexology and Massage are by appointment only. Moonfire offers members a discount on all professional health services as well as community events, workshops, seminars and circles. There is never a fee for any ceremonies, Native, Earth-based or otherwise.

http://www.moonfiremeetinghouse.com/founder/

About the Founder....

Lorraine Simone, Rev., M.S. Ed., C.Ht.

Lorraine Simone, M.S. Ed. in Environmental Science, is a well known speaker, inspired visionary and beloved teacher who effectively bridges the gap between the mystery in living a spiritual life and its quantum perspective and the nitty-gritty of Western thinking and its pragmatic perception.

In 1990 Ms. Simone founded Moonfire Meeting House on Eastern Long Island and dedicated it to creating community and living in harmony with the Earth. She is also the editor of its newsletter called Ways of the Talking Stick. Ms. Simone started The School of Women's Ways in 1995 to empower women and girls, to heal their lives and change the world. With humor and devotion, she designs and offers programs such as Compassionate Communication, A Goddess for All Seasons, and Vibrational Medicine Ways, and teaches workshops that bring to life her expertise in Deep Ecology, Healing Arts, Women's Mysteries, Creation Spirituality, and Shamanic Practices.

Ms. Simone's search for personal and planetary balance through communion with the Earth and the ways of the sacred feminine has led her to Native elders and teachers from many traditions. When she opened her retail store, Planet Earth, in Manhattan in 1985, she met Oh Shinnáh Fast Wolf, a renowned Apache-Mohawk teacher, with whom she has maintained an apprenticeship for eighteen years. Oh Shinnáh dreamed the Spirit name Deep Arrow Woman for Ms. Simone, as is the tradition of her people, and performed a naming ceremony for her. Today Deep Arrow Woman initiates her own apprentices who form the back bone of Moonfire Meeting House as the Deep Arrow Lodge.

Deep Arrow is committed to keeping alive and making available to her community the sacred ways and ceremonies that Native and other earth-honoring teachers have given to her. Together with Oh Shinnáh, she leads groups of non-native participants on an annual quest for transformation called The Journey of the Waters, an ancient cellular healing and initiation ceremony of the people called Apache.

#2 Nov-01-2009 02:11:pm

Chevy

Re: Moonfire Meeting House

J C on a crutch

empowering

empower

living in harmony with the Earth

quantum perspective and the nitty-gritty

Don't you just love the words "empowering", "empower" "living in harmony with the earth", "quantum", and "nitty-gritty". roll

I'd like to see them on a cold-a44 Texas morning, with no heat except wood, and no bathrm. except an outhouse, with the black widows, and any scorpions, and cut the dang wood, and stack it, and pack it too, and see how "harmonic" they felt. roll

#3 Nov-01-2009 02:16:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

LMAO I agree with you totally! lol

#4 Nov-01-2009 02:33:pm

NanticokePiney

Chevy wrote:

J C on a crutch

empowering

empower

living in harmony with the Earth

quantum perspective and the nitty-gritty

Don't you just love the words "empowering", "empower" "living in harmony with the earth", "quantum", and "nitty-gritty". roll

I'd like to see them on a cold-a44 Texas morning, with no heat except wood, and no bathrm. except an outhouse, with the black widows, and any scorpions, and cut the dang wood, and stack it, and pack it too, and see how "harmonic" they felt. roll

........or stump jumping in the S.A. jungle with Olemepit and I. yikes   
I hate twinkies. I just had one giving me hell because she said I couldn't be a Indian and a Christian. hmm

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#5 Nov-01-2009 04:24:pm

nj1639
Website

" Vibrational Medicine Ways" by 'Deep Arrow Woman'.lol

Sorry, the devil made me do it.

Can't be Christian and Indian, eh?

edit for spelling

Last edited by nj1639 (Nov-01-2009 04:26:pm)

Go ahead and turn the damn power and water off, I'm ready!

#6 Jan-12-2015 12:48:am

NanticokePiney

The website is still "down". I wonder what these assholes are up to..........

#7 Jan-12-2015 04:31:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

nj1639 wrote:

edit for spelling

Yes you can be Christian and Indian, it's the whole design of  that faith to produce thought stopping belief systems to enslave anyone who cares to be saved.
If anyone cares to look at the Jewish perspective on Christianity one will quickly realize it's just a control manual.

--

Poor slaves are just trying to fill the void created by colonization

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/history … Jews.shtml

What color corn do you grow?

#8 Jan-12-2015 10:26:pm

NanticokePiney

NeoPaleo wrote:

nj1639 wrote:

edit for spelling

Yes you can be Christian and Indian, it's the whole design of  that faith to produce thought stopping belief systems to enslave anyone who cares to be saved.
If anyone cares to look at the Jewish perspective on Christianity one will quickly realize it's just a control manual.

--

I'm a Hicksite Quaker. We don't believe in the divinity of Christ or his forgiveness and we believe the Bible was tampered with and you get direct revelations from God. We have no Priests or ministers and worship in silence.  Where's the control factor in that?

#9 Jan-12-2015 11:48:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

NanticokePiney wrote:

NeoPaleo wrote:

nj1639 wrote:

edit for spelling

--

I'm a Hicksite Quaker. We don't believe in the divinity of Christ or his forgiveness and we believe the Bible was tampered with and you get direct revelations from God. We have no Priests or ministers and worship in silence.  Where's the control factor in that?

in answering your direct question, I feel I would be commenting on your particular Spirituality, when I speak of Christianity I speak in general terms. Your direct questions could and should only be answered by your "higher power"
To further illuminate my point, I feel the English language and all languages that spring from that area are part of that control system.
Not to say that the language in its entirety is a system of control but is heavily influenced by the thoughts behind it.
But that's just my two cents, and it's area of thought I've put much research into.

#10 Jan-13-2015 06:52:am

NanticokePiney

The Nanticoke language has been extinct for a long time and our spiritual practices with it. My mother's family were Quakers and that was how I was raised. I do not borrow from other spiritual traditions and that includes ones belonging to other tribes.

#11 Jan-13-2015 01:43:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

I don't understand why you care about comments I make about a book based religion.
Personally I don't take orders or reveal my spirituality to anyone.
I view this conversation as a means of sharing our collective bonds put upon us by a dominate paradigm and nothing more, and I find it amusing.
I call them slaves while they call me a savage.
I see myself as a survivor of a holocaust created by a different culture, who to this very day still doesn't want to understand us.
The tradition I'm connected to has a place for disconnected members of their tribe, and it includes everyone else, including them, the parallels to some other religions are kinda of eire.
With warm feelings I say this, please accept this as just something I'm trying to relate however imperfectly it may sound.

#12 Jan-14-2015 01:17:am

Chevy

NanticokePiney

Direct revelation is life-changing! smilecool

One of the best ones I had was when the light-bulb turned on, and scales fell from my eyes, and I saw my ex for as he was.

Another great one was when I read: "1corinthians 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
1co 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body."

When I "saw" that, I was amazed. What ever I sow, I am sowing  bare grain, which has the body which God has given it. Sometimes I've sowed the wrong things, and reaped what I sowed sad but sometimes, thank God! I've sowed the right things, and reap what I sowed. smile

PS I love the Bible, I don't worry about it being wrong. It's ...it has hidden things in it, that a person can see only by revelation knowledge. smile
The Psalms are my favorite.

#13 Jan-14-2015 03:40:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

interesting, wheat is a famine food in fact, wheat is not fit for human, or animal consumption. famine foods will help your survive a famine, but will also create stress and disease over the long term, interesting that wheat is used as a staple of control through fear on a biological level.
It takes roughly 2 weeks to undue the damage done to intestinal villus from eating a couple of slices of "healthy wheat bread"
Its no doubt the bible is a powerful tool, an example of systematic control taking over the planet, but hey, thats just the opinion of a crazy ndn.lol

#14 Jan-14-2015 06:19:pm

sschkaak
Website

All foods sustain us in the short run and kill us in the long run.  We aren't designed to live forever.  Unless you have celiac disease, there's nothing wrong with eating wheat.  I know a whole lot of people who have eaten wheat bread every day of their long, long, healthy lives.

#15 Jan-15-2015 03:58:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

Long healthy lives with all the trappings, rotflmao.
Taa Pay yuk polo!

#16 Jan-15-2015 04:36:pm

sschkaak
Website

"with all the trappings"?  You wrote, "If it matters, I'm 235 6'4 man, can throw a 350 lb transmission into the back of a truck from 10 feet.."  If you're that big and that strong, then you haven't missed many meals in your life.  "all the trappings"  lol

#17 Jan-16-2015 01:37:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

sschkaak wrote:

"with all the trappings"?  You wrote, "If it matters, I'm 235 6'4 man, can throw a 350 lb transmission into the back of a truck from 10 feet.."  If you're that big and that strong, then you haven't missed many meals in your life.  "all the trappings"  lol

non-sequitur. Grain Brain😜

#18 Jan-16-2015 03:36:pm

sschkaak
Website

"non-sequitur"?  Good.  Twenty more and we're even.   hmm

#19 Jan-16-2015 04:02:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

sschkaak wrote:

"non-sequitur"?  Good.  Twenty more and we're even.   hmm

Touche!

#20 Oct-23-2016 05:51:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

sschkaak wrote:

All foods sustain us in the short run and kill us in the long run.  We aren't designed to live forever.  Unless you have celiac disease, there's nothing wrong with eating wheat.  I know a whole lot of people who have eaten wheat bread every day of their long, long, healthy lives.

In evolution were are not designed

In language we perpetuate the paradigm of control when we make mistakes of this nature.

I come from a culture "directly decended" which historically decried the use of wheat, now not so much.

My family are listed as gluten intolerant, I find the celiac disease label offensive.

Eat what's good for you.

Board footer