Announcement

• Index
  •  » Native News
  •  » Mixed blood tribe seeks connection to Native American ancestors

#1 Feb-18-2015 01:23:pm

Ohelemapit
Website

Mixed blood tribe seeks connection to Native American ancestors

They created them and their ceremonial robes themselves for what they call their "mixed blood tribe."

Richard B. Lake III will tell you these new traditions are all a way of identifying with older Native American generations.

A mixed blood, according to Lake, is somebody who is Native American and another race.

Lake says they started the tribe six years ago, after being rejected by existing Native American tribes for not meeting the blood quantum requirements.

But lake is proud of his heritage, no matter the percentage.

"Someone can say you're not Native American because your Native American ancestor is your great, great, great grandmother. And I'm like, without her I wouldn't be here today,” said Lake.

The recruitment methods are a bit unorthodox - the Una Tribe reaches out to the public by using craigslist ads. But it seems to be working - they now have hundreds of members.

The tribe is taking their fight for recognition to the state government.

Acknowledgement, they say, is all they're asking for.

“We have just voted to completely renounce all rights to federal, state, local lands, monies, grants, education,” said Lake.

The hope is to become a self-sufficient tribe after gaining enough members to create their own kind of reservation.

Source: http://www.kval.com/news/local/Mixed-tr … 15241.html

Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Native American.

/pb.php?url=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/XSAS44/xsassig.gif

#2 Feb-18-2015 02:26:pm

NanticokePiney

Re: Mixed blood tribe seeks connection to Native American ancestors

I have a thread on Mix blood in "Who Are They", Richard Lake is a crook and a "tribe" is a continuous community. Not a adult hobby group.

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

• Index
  •  » Native News
  •  » Mixed blood tribe seeks connection to Native American ancestors

Board footer