Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Sep-30-2009 10:21:pm

lenape

Re: "AIM-PA"

Last edited by lenape (Oct-03-2009 09:21:am)

#27 Sep-30-2009 10:46:pm

bls926
Administrator

A.I.m.pennsylvania Chapter is focusing on some the person who is selling sweat lodge ceremonies in farmington pa,we would appreciate all information dealing with this.
Mood: determined Posted at 5:00 PM Sep 29

http://www.myspace.com/aim-pa

Seems they've switched from accusations of molesting women to selling ceremony. This from people who mix and match beliefs, pay to sundance and stomp dance.

#28 Sep-30-2009 11:02:pm

bls926
Administrator

About me:

American Indian Movement (A.I.M.),Pennsylvania Chapter was recently put together to protect Native American traditions,and Native Americans who feel violated in the Pennsylvania region.We are from the eastern side of the state,most Eastern Pa. counties. We attend local pow-wows in our area and Native American events afar as well.The AIM is to stop people of the non-native culture of doing our religious ceremonies and cultural beliefs. There are alot of non-natives practicing and abusing the religious beliefs and ways of our people,there are also alot of Natives along the way that are doing ceremonies not of thier people and thier culture,i.e. if a Shishone Native does a Cherokee Medicine Dance,THIS IS WRONG!!!! We also get involved in community activities such as educational seminars and education courses for cub scouts as well.When asked we will also go to local schools and give REAL Native demonstrations there,not the way the school system teaches them,but the way our ancestors taught us. Amongst the A.I.M Pa. Chapter,we represent the Cherokee,Nanticoke,Lakota,Cheyenne,Ojibwa,and Leni-Lenape Nation,as well as the Iroquois Confederacy. We dont know everything about every tribal nation,but we are learning,and we have people in other states we can call on to seek information if needed.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

#29 Sep-30-2009 11:07:pm

bls926
Administrator

American Indian Movement of Pennsylvania
wants certain people to know,WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE TRIED,BULLIED OR INTIMIDATED!!!!! By anyone of any race!  Mood: determined
Posted 4 hours ago

Is someone feeling the heat?

#30 Oct-01-2009 09:19:am

lenape

Last edited by lenape (Oct-03-2009 09:20:am)

#31 Oct-01-2009 04:04:pm

littleoldman

All right now, I have just about have a belly full.  Cherokee" MEDICINE DANCE" ???? I just may be ignorant but I thought that the Cherokee only had a "STOMP" and that was only at certain specific grounds.  It is my understanding that a Great Seal is copyrighted and or Trademarked.  To use it without the proper authority is legally actionable under tort.  May even be a criminal act but I am not sure about the latter.  If we have any of the three Tribes represented here perhaps they need to take heed. "LittleOldMan"

#32 Oct-01-2009 04:15:pm

lenape

littleoldman wrote:

All right now, I have just about have a belly full.  Cherokee" MEDICINE DANCE" ???? I just may be ignorant but I thought that the Cherokee only had a "STOMP" and that was only at certain specific grounds.

For the little bit of time I spent at Cherokee grounds *I* have never heard of a Cherokee "Medicine Dance", there are dances that are part of Cherokee "Medicine", and there are dances other than the Stomps, such as Beaver Dance, Eagle Dance, Friendship Dance(often done at "Stomps"), Quail Dance, and there are "Medicine Songs" I would venture to guess this is a "mish-mash" thing of SECCI, and another "group" that does similar stuff.

#33 Oct-01-2009 04:34:pm

lenape

http://woodlandindians.org/forums/post.php?tid=6823

"...Another copyright issue surrounds the Tribal Seal, a seven-pointed Cherokee star. The copyright for the tribal logo is held by the tribe and permission to use it must be granted by the chief of the Cherokees, according to Adair. Sometimes such permission is granted, but not for the personal profit of the requestor. In one instance, a publisher wanted to use the Tribal Seal on a book cover. Consequently, permission was denied because the seal is not to be used for profit...."

#34 Oct-01-2009 04:44:pm

littleoldman

Thanks for the clarification.  Methinks that people throw the word MEDICINE around much too loosely.  When I encounter this type of situation I look for thunder clouds and get ready to run Creator doesn't like to be disrespected.  "LOM"

#35 Oct-01-2009 10:37:pm

bls926
Administrator

There are five AIM groups among their friends.
The first three are in their Top 40.

American Indian Movement Santa Barbara

AIm Sb
Male
Syuxtun, California

AIM SG Indiana

Male
Brookville, Indiana

AIM Central Texas

American Indian movement Central Texas
Male
San Antonio

American Indian Movement

American Indian AIm official
Male
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA

Aim Nevada

Aim Nevada
Male
Wadsworth, Nevada

And at least 19 LPDOC Support Groups. Plus, Ben & Cat Carnes, Wanbli Tate, Kari Ann Cowan, and Betty Ann Peltier-Solano. Guess this shouldn't really wonder me. Ben told me a while back that all support was good, didn't matter who it came from. I agreed that you didn't have to be Indian to support Leonard, you just needed to be honest about who you are. Guess honesty isn't a big issue with some people.

#36 Oct-02-2009 01:02:am

bls926
Administrator

New thread started by dabosijigwokush over on NAFPS in Research Needed.
This is the same guy who started the thread on AIM PA.

Leonard Peltier's son??
« on: Today at 11:32:19 PM » Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
still trying to find out who said he is peltiers son?
Gene "Thunderwolf"  Also say he is head of free Leonard movement.

http://www.dailyitem.com/panews/images_ … _photoview

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =502719851

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c … ID=1767758

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2366.0

Wonder where he heard that Gene Thunderwolf was Peltier's son?
And why he didn't post this on the original thread about AIM PA?

#37 Oct-02-2009 09:24:am

lenape

Last edited by lenape (Oct-03-2009 09:20:am)

#38 Oct-02-2009 12:36:pm

NanticokePiney

lenape wrote:

this is the same person who wrote over there: "..."Chink Whitekiller". (A Google search turns up nothing on him, and no one I know from decades in the movement has heard of him.)

would venture to guess he knows NO ONE, or his "sources" are lying to him, LOL!

Besides that it's CHINKA not Chink. I met him once at "Bear" Larry Petersons. Sondra knows him too, I think through Frosty. He's Creek or Seminole, me thinks. I'll see Sondra tommorrow night and ask what she knows.

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#39 Oct-02-2009 09:16:pm

bls926
Administrator

A new friend on their myspace; sounds like an actual member of their group:

Roy

Roy R.
Oct 2 2009 6:12 PM

Bout time we get organized here in Pa.,lots of issues to contend with in this commonwealth,folks need to know we dont have time or energy to police pow wows or petty squabbles yet we do have a few concerns in this area and we refuse to get involved in the tension between the different aims,grand gov council and auton.,we could have easily chose any name,made up our own but aim chose us as we chose it and our number one focus is for the people,through guidance from elders,each other,prayer and the chanupa,we will accomplish goals,we are a grassroots movement and hope to gain your support,help us help you,PLEASE NO AGITATORS OR NEGATIVITY,keep it real and traditional,AIM-PA<<..

#40 Oct-02-2009 09:27:pm

bls926
Administrator

American Indian Movement of Pennsylvania
is attending the Swift Horse powwow in Mt. Etna this weekend at the peoples request!
Mood: determined
Posted 5 hours ago

Anyone familiar with this powwow?

#41 Oct-02-2009 09:34:pm

lenape

What "people requested" them, lol,

Last edited by lenape (Oct-03-2009 09:19:am)

#42 Oct-02-2009 10:06:pm

bls926
Administrator

I was wondering the same thing . . . what people?

#43 Jul-13-2014 11:02:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

bump

#44 Dec-16-2014 06:25:am

NanticokePiney

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Board footer