Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Nov-03-2014 09:09:pm

NanticokePiney

Carla Messinger is Still Around and Teaching What Is WRONG!

We discussed this joke several times too. She has no documented Lenape blood and the shadbush is full of mwe......

http://lenapeprograms.info/

Last edited by NanticokePiney (Nov-04-2014 05:15:am)

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#2 Nov-04-2014 09:29:pm

Suckachsinheet

Re: Carla Messinger is Still Around and Teaching What Is WRONG!

It doesn't appear that much has been done with that page since 2013.

Nevertheless, she is far from alone. As my recent experience has shown me once again, the press and the general public cannot be discerning as to what is authentic and what is fabricated (and therefore gladly propagate whatever is offered). The Pennsylvania landscape continues to be populated with sincere sources of bad information about the Lenape and other Native peoples. Some are better than others.

"Wow! I had no idea that 'Nemaste' was an Indian word..." (Well...not AMERICAN Indian... It is a Sanskrit word, good reader.)

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#3 Nov-05-2014 08:32:am

Sunken
Visitor

I'm new here and I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but part of the fault lies with Google.  I've been casually researching parts of the Lenape culture and history for a few months; most of my Google searches came up with the first few pages full of references to the fakes.  It was only dumb luck that I stumbled upon this forum (can't even say what specific search led me here, probably something in relation to one of my Zeisberger searches).  I don't know how you would raise your Google profile, but if you could that might push some of the bad info farther down the results pages and get the more accurate information more readily in the hands of those who want it.

#4 Nov-05-2014 08:57:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

Hi Sunken

We are pretty high on the Google rankings (as well as Bing and Yahoo) and get tons of hits on this section. I guess it really lies in the keywords people are entering. hmm

Board footer