Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Jul-02-2009 09:17:pm

Suckachsinheet

Has anyone seen any of these books?

I received this email some time in the last few days (I haven't been on line since Saturday):

Dear Mr./Ms.,

Iím helping an author make his books available to people who are interested in the Lenape Indian story.

We would like if our web-site could be linked to your site.

http://www.conquestpublishing.com/

Our books are great reads for teenagers and adults but because of their accuracy, we believe our novels are classics that will be referenced by historians and sociologists for many years to come.

If you have other suggestions about where we might promote our books, please advise.

Thank-you!

Ernest Eby

Conquest Publishing

If anyone has seen these books, are they any good? Are they as accurate as the publisher claims?

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#2 Jun-19-2013 08:54:pm

belleville
Visitor

Re: Has anyone seen any of these books?

Found Vol. II as a used book cheap. According to the inside cover the series is a novel. Have not tried to read it and may never.

Doc S.

#3 Sep-03-2014 08:50:pm

sschkaak
Website

Re: Has anyone seen any of these books?

Volume 1, Chapter 2 relies on the Walam Olum for its early history of the Lenape.  That's a big turn-off for me.  Harrington's Dickon Among the Indians also includes stuff from the Walam Olum, but he wrote that long before Oestreicher proved what a fraud the Walam Olum is.  To put it in a modern novel, in the 21st-century is unacceptable.

This is hardly a book review, but it had to go someplace.   neutral

Board footer