Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Jul-21-2007 07:26:pm

vanillaindian

garlic

Garlic can raise your HDL levels  -
  significantly. 

We've known for some time that garlic is great for keeping your blood free of clots. And we've even known that it can lower your bad cholesterol levels. But new research shows that it can raise your HDL levels - significantly.

In the new study, the researchers placed 150 patients with high lipids on a therapeutic diet. Then they divided the participants into three different groups. They gave the first group 400 mg of garlic (equal to one mg of allicin, a key component in garlic). They gave the second group a different aromatic herb. And they gave the third group a  placebo.

The researchers followed the groups for six weeks. The garlic group's cholesterol dropped 12.1%. Their LDL cholesterol dropped 17.3%, and  their hard-to-raise HDL cholesterol rose by a whopping 15.7%. The aromatic herb and placebo groups did not have any favorable changes. 

Unfortunately, you don't see government and Big Pharma calling for the entire population to take garlic supplements as they do with statins. Yet the results are telling. You just don't need a statin drug. Garlic is cheap and highly effective. Between Healthy Resolve's Advanced Cholesterol Formula, garlic, red yeast rice, Seanol, goldenseal, and fiber, you have the ability to lower your LDL cholesterol, raise your HDL cholesterol, and even improve your overall health without any side effects.

Yours for  better health and medical freedom,
Robert Jay Rowen, MD

Ref: Kojuri  J, Akrami M, et al. "Effects of anethum graveolens and garlic on lipid profile in hyperlipidemic patients," Lipids Health Dis, 2007 Mar 1.

#2 Jul-31-2007 05:17:pm

NanticokePiney

Re: garlic

Garlic is also good for colds, infections and worms. It also works as a bug and tick repellent if you eat a bulb the night before going into the woods.

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#3 Jul-31-2007 08:17:pm

bls926
Administrator

I was going to say that about colds and upper respiratory viruses. First sign of either, eat a few cloves of garlic. You might need to do this for several days, but it really does work.

#4 Mar-25-2008 04:52:pm

NanticokePiney

I should note that patches of wild garlic that were planted by one of the many Carolina Indian tribes can still be found in the old growth pine forest that surrounds Ft Bragg which is located in North Carolina.

#5 May-28-2008 08:59:pm

oldsalty

Looks like I better eat heaps of garlic and stay away from people!!Good excuse to just go surfing and forget about everything else!! I need a lifestyle change or Ill be lucky to survive another heart attack!
Old Salty

#6 Jan-15-2009 03:40:am

isis

I love garlic and cook with it all the time, I have found that if you chew Parsley after eating garlic it will remove the smell from your breath, You can also rub your hand's with it to remove the garlic smell on your hand's after you cut it..

#7 Jan-15-2009 11:39:pm

NanticokePiney

Monks chewed parsley for bad breath.

Board footer