#2 Feb-07-2012 01:18:pm

sschkaak
Website

Re: Blue Thunder?

Here's more from October:

Downtown PNC Bank branch shuts briefly when 'occupied'

By Michael Hasch, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pittsburgh Police Commander George Trosky, right, talks with four individuals, including Liza Petrelli and Jimmy Blue Thunder, seated center, during an incident at the PNC bank on Fifth Avenue Downtown. According to Blue Thunder, he and the others walked into the bank to open an account. Just after they entered, he reported that the bank locked the doors behind them and detained them until police arrived.

PNC Bank closed its branch on Fifth Avenue, Downtown, for a short time on Wednesday afternoon when supporters of the Occupy Pittsburgh movement went inside, saying they wanted to open accounts.

The five people who entered the bank shortly before 4 p.m. left after city police questioned them. Police determined they broke no laws, Cmdr. George Trosky said.

"We are simply five citizens who wanted to open accounts at PNC," said Jim Blue Thunder, who identified himself as a Delaware Indian. He said he supports but is not part of the Occupy Pittsburgh movement. "We did not come here to create problems."

PNC Bank spokesman Fred Solomon said employees locked the doors to the branch at 3 PNC Plaza to prevent other protesters from entering after those inside "declared their intention to stay."

Occupy Pittsburgh said on Twitter that protesters went there to open bank accounts with $2. A tweet about 4:45 p.m. said all five were out of the bank. Occupy Pittsburgh posted a live video feed on its website showing several protesters entering the bank.

Trosky said bank personnel got scared when several people wearing masks and carrying cameras entered the bank. They left when a security guard told them the bank did not permit anyone to wear a mask inside, he said.

As they were leaving, Blue Thunder and four others went inside, Trosky said. Two passing police officers went inside to determine what was going on and called for additional units as a precaution, he said.

The protesters began camping in Mellon Green on Oct. 15.

Read more: Downtown PNC Bank branch shuts briefly when 'occupied' - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu … z1c1yLyaOS

#3 Feb-07-2012 06:56:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

yikes Thanks. Dude, what is wrong with people?

I'm angry with myself because I haven't done what I used to do. This was practically in my back yard, and I should have been paying attention and ran a check then.  roll

#4 Feb-07-2012 08:45:pm

Suckachsinheet

Not familiar. Any clue where he came from?

Takes all kinds...

Last edited by Suckachsinheet (Feb-07-2012 08:57:pm)

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#5 Feb-07-2012 11:34:pm

Suckachsinheet

It took a couple of tries, but I found his background story:

http://pittnews.com/newsstory/occupiers … town-home/

Occupiers make Mellon Green Downtown home
By: Sha Felicien / Staff Writer

Posted on 07. Nov, 2011 in News

Jimmy Blue Thunder, 51, of Anadarko, Okla., sipped coffee while waiting to receive one of the sandwiches donated only moments earlier. 

Shouts of meat run throughout the camp.

We get a lot of vegan and vegetarian food donated, so its nice when we carnivores get fed, Blue said, smiling with sandwich in hand.

Blue Thunder, a member of the Lenni Lenape tribe, has found himself in a puzzling predicament.

After finding out that he had stage-three kidney disease, he could not find work. No one will hire me, he said. Jobless, Blue Thunder was eventually forced to spend three months living on the streets.   

I have three college degrees in electrical [engineering], business management and architectural computer-aided graphics. I have an IQ of near 200. Im what they call a Renaissance Man. I study history and science; I go to plays and operas, Blue Thunder said.

---------------------------

If this doesn't sound like an LS story. If you're going to fabricate, fabricate big...

I'm guessing the Anadarko Delaware don't know anything about him. He could be from Anadarko, though. I'd bet the rest is just pure fantasy. hmm

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#6 Feb-08-2012 10:43:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

Thanks, that's the first thing I thought-LS

I'm going to find out, that's for sure.

Board footer