Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Jul-20-2010 10:52:am

amandaquietrainwagner
Guest

Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

A clipping supplied us from the July 19, 2009 edition of the Ashtabula Star Beacon shows a photo of one Dancing Dragonfly and Spirit Walker tying the knot at a Pow Wow at the Lake Village Campground in Andover, Ohio, the same campground where they held a gathering this past weekend.

According to the article, none other than Chief Billy Bluefeathers officiated.  What now?  This man, known in many circles as a phony who has no Native American blood, and who further runs amok telling others he is a Medicine Chief and Herbalist, also claims to be legally able to marry people?

Some contacts within that group did say how, the last they knew, he and his late wife, Pam, did once have minister credentials through the Universal Life Church, but are not sure if that church is still in operation.  This is the same church which Bluefeathers allegedly uses as a reference for the U.E.L.N. to be tax exempt and/or non-profit. 

Once again some sources within U.E.L.N., who ask to remain anonymous for fear of reprocussions by chiefs and the nation's mother, have implied Dancing Dragonfly chose to have this wedding at the event, regardless of whether Bluefeathers is licensed, or not, solely for the purpose of receiving attention. 

"She is big on having to be noticed," said one source.  "Every event, every meeting, every time she is around, she has to get attention, somehow, someway, even if at someone else's expense."

Another source made similar claims, and added how he is tired of hearing Nation's Mother Bonnie Morning Dove and Chief Quiet Wolf Thompson compalin how Dragonfly was upset, depressed, or hurt, by something someone else did, or said.  "It's like she thinks this whole nation evolves around her...like every asshole in it has to act to please her."


Whether for individual attention, or not, the fact that this wedding may not be legal in any sense draws the question of. what kind of truthful, respectable, and honorable Native American woman, as Dragonfly is reported to say she is, would continue to live and sleep with a man out of legal wedlock.  We can water the  situation by saying this is the 21st century, but if we allow that to be accepted, we may as well use 21st century behavior and such in all of our ways.

Native children should not be taught anything, other than to sit in front of the television, play video games, or be on the computer all day.  No more firewathcers heating stones for sweat lodges.  Why, when you can pipe in gas, and have running water for steam?  Why make regalia?  We could create a business where we mass manufacture it, and the package eand sell it, like Halloween costumes.

If Bluefeathers is not licensed to marry and this wedding is not recognized in any legal means, then he, the happy couple, the chiefs, clan mothers, and all who attended, are guilty of once again misleading an ignorant public about Native American culture.  Once again, the U.E.L.N. has blackened the eye of all real Native Americans, and those who follow their ways.

 

#2 Jul-20-2010 11:10:am

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

There is so much "goofiness" with your post that I am not going to even address it, however here is some suggestions:

1) Rather than clogging up the forum with new topics of the same old drama, try posting under the topic already started about the "UELN".

2) You are welcome to have your "sources" post their "first hand" experiences but by you posting them they carry little weight.  We do not know you, you certainly have not earned much credit with me yet, I am not saying you are lying, but I do not see proof of what you are claiming, not even anyone to back up your stories.  There are some pretty heavy accusations being put out there right now that have caught the attention of some, but there needs to be more than "he said she said", without that you are clogging up the board with non-sense and making yourself look foolish in the process!

3) SLOW DOWN!!  It is not your "job" to single handedly "correct" all the problems of your area, especially when you claim you are "just learning" yourself.  Feel free to post legitimate information, links, and the like, but SLOW DOWN, you are digging a hole for yourself.

Offline

 

#3 Jul-20-2010 11:22:am

bls926
Administrator
From: Texas
Registered: Oct-21-2006
Posts: 12082

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

What lenape said! Good advice!

Offline

 

#4 Jul-20-2010 12:22:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 11094

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

Amanda

Take Lenape's advice or I am going to have to limit your posting abilities.

Offline

 

#5 Jul-20-2010 11:07:pm

Suckachsinheet
Member
Registered: Sep-11-2007
Posts: 968

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

You show a definite lack of knowledge about the legalities of weddings. While I am only really familiar with the laws of Pennsylvania, where I pastor a church and have performed a wedding, apparently the requirements for ministerial credentials in most states are not very stringent. The Universal Life Church credentials are apparently sufficient to meet the legal requirements, and the church is still in existence.

There is very little about the public activities of the UELN and all the other groups like them that are not intended to draw attention to themselves and gain credibility with the general public and public officials. And there are those in each group who excel at drawing attention to themselves. Then, when they don't get the attention they want or start to attract negative attention, they split from that group and go form another one, where they can become the center of attention. And that is how there came to be so many pretendian groups in Pennsylvania, which are now spilling over into Ohio.


It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

Offline

 

#6 Jul-23-2010 05:35:pm

dancingdragonfly06
Visitor
Registered: Jul-23-2010
Posts: 8

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

ok for the record. I am the one who was married at that ceremony, and i want to get a few things straight. the reason it was held there was not for attention it was because I wanted my children to be there and that was when they could be in ohio, also wether or not the person officating was licensed or not i pledged my love and my life to my husband in front of creator and my family, to me thats all that counts. I dont remember reading or hearing about ANY person being " licensed" hundreds of years ago in the native world so what is the big deal? ANT person who would like to contact me with questions or comments is welcome i will respond to anyone,  but "amandarainwater" or whoever you are. I personally know who you are and well i know your character, so you are insignifigant. To theose who run this website I appologize for this post being negative, but felt I needed to respond to the allegations being made against me personally.

Offline

 

#7 Jul-23-2010 06:04:pm

dancingdragonfly06
Visitor
Registered: Jul-23-2010
Posts: 8

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

I forgot to mention this wedding was done AFTER the day had ended and not during.

Offline

 

#8 Jul-23-2010 06:47:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 11094

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

dancingdragonfly06 wrote:

ok for the record. I am the one who was married at that ceremony, and i want to get a few things straight. the reason it was held there was not for attention it was because I wanted my children to be there and that was when they could be in ohio, also wether or not the person officating was licensed or not i pledged my love and my life to my husband in front of creator and my family, to me thats all that counts. I dont remember reading or hearing about ANY person being " licensed" hundreds of years ago in the native world so what is the big deal? ANT person who would like to contact me with questions or comments is welcome i will respond to anyone,  but "amandarainwater" or whoever you are. I personally know who you are and well i know your character, so you are insignifigant. To theose who run this website I appologize for this post being negative, but felt I needed to respond to the allegations being made against me personally.

It's too hot and I'm too tired of this to deal with it now, just quoting. Would you mnd cluing me into who these people are please? Use the email or private message function, that's why it's there. I know who you are.

Offline

 

#9 Jul-23-2010 07:19:pm

dancingdragonfly06
Visitor
Registered: Jul-23-2010
Posts: 8

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

i would be more than happy to, unfortunately my pc wont open the winmail, is there another way for me to get that to you or is there a way for you to email me without EVERYONE seeing my email address? please let me know ill be on here for another 2 hours then wont be on for 2 days but will look back then sorry for the inconvienence.

Offline

 

#10 Jul-23-2010 07:19:pm

NanticokePiney
Member
From: Hopewell Twp., New Jersey
Registered: Jul-10-2007
Posts: 4214

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

dancingdragonfly06 wrote:

i pledged my love and my life to my husband in front of creator and my family, to me thats all that counts.

This is a pure Judeo-Christian thought proving once again that all you Wanape are utterly clueless. There was no Coastal Algonquian marriages. We just shacked up, and according to Lenape theology, the Creator doesn't care who your shagging or shacking with.


I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Offline

 

#11 Jul-23-2010 07:22:pm

dancingdragonfly06
Visitor
Registered: Jul-23-2010
Posts: 8

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

well i was saying my own personal beliefs not any others  thank you.

Offline

 

#12 Jul-23-2010 08:20:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 11094

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

dancingdragonfly06 wrote:

well i was saying my own personal beliefs not any others  thank you.

Then please don't call it Lenape.

I have received your email, thank you for being the only one that came forward to contact me. I'll reply tomorrow, I have family things going on tonight.

Offline

 

#13 Jul-23-2010 08:25:pm

dancingdragonfly06
Visitor
Registered: Jul-23-2010
Posts: 8

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

your welcome, and i wont be in tomorrow but will check the next day and for the record, i NEVER said it was Lenape, amanda did. all i said was i got married

Offline

 

#14 Jul-24-2010 11:36:pm

amandaquietrainwagner
Guest

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

Now it is my turn.  Where in my clip did I specify this was Lenape?  I said Native American.  Now since it has been brought out that there were no official ceremonies in Coastal Algonquian theology, then isn't it misleading to conduct marriage ceremonies under the guise that they are Native American?

 

#15 Jul-25-2010 11:56:am

NanticokePiney
Member
From: Hopewell Twp., New Jersey
Registered: Jul-10-2007
Posts: 4214

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

dancingdragonfly06 wrote:

your welcome, and i wont be in tomorrow but will check the next day and for the record, i NEVER said it was Lenape, amanda did. all i said was i got married

According to Bluefeather's message on your website it was a "Lenape" wedding. Don't bullshit us.

I also found this

The UELN is striving to become recognized as a sovereign nation (Native American) without boundries which will enable us to obtain social and economic benefits for our people.

Since your not a historical continuous tribal entity this is very anti-American and makes you look like a group of scammers and a cult.


I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Offline

 

#16 Jul-25-2010 06:35:pm

amandaquietrainwagner
Guest

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

Thank you, NanticokePiney, for backing me up that I never said this was Lenape!

 

#17 Jul-26-2010 10:10:pm

NanticokePiney
Member
From: Hopewell Twp., New Jersey
Registered: Jul-10-2007
Posts: 4214

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

amandaquietrainwagner wrote:

Thank you, NanticokePiney, for backing me up that I never said this was Lenape!

I wasn't. I'm just stating the facts shown.


I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Offline

 

#18 Aug-07-2010 09:49:pm

darren
Guest

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

I read all on this post.  I was there the day of that wedding.  There was a lot of talk it was a sham.  Most of the talk was from those who were spectators.  The man announcing it sounded more like a circu ringmaster, and he made several implications that the public should hold over for this wedding.  My cousin Laura went to Harbor High with Singleton.  Said she married a Mackynen.  That is a well respected family here in Ashtabula, and the harbor.  Laura says Singleton was a loser then, always trying to fit into one group or another, and took off for Calif.  Rumored a big name singer/musician once told her she is a nothing.  Now goes by Dancing Dragon Fly.  Hahahahaha!  lol Ask her where her kids are?  We heard with dad, from Mackynen family, down in Georgia.  She gave them up.  Says they do better with dad.  We heard she had no choice,  Dada had too much on her.  Very negligent mother.  Kids told Laura's kids that they feel more secure with dad.  Looked at her picture in this clipping.  Can tell she has nut problems.  She has nob right to criticize anyone.

 

#19 Aug-07-2010 09:57:pm

Suckachsinheet
Member
Registered: Sep-11-2007
Posts: 968

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E  sad


It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

Offline

 

#20 Aug-07-2010 09:59:pm

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

darren wrote:

I read all on this post.  I was there the day of that wedding.  There was a lot of talk it was a sham.  Most of the talk was from those who were spectators.  The man announcing it sounded more like a circu ringmaster, and he made several implications that the public should hold over for this wedding.  My cousin Laura went to Harbor High with Singleton.  Said she married a Mackynen.  That is a well respected family here in Ashtabula, and the harbor.  Laura says Singleton was a loser then, always trying to fit into one group or another, and took off for Calif.  Rumored a big name singer/musician once told her she is a nothing.  Now goes by Dancing Dragon Fly.  Hahahahaha!  lol Ask her where her kids are?  We heard with dad, from Mackynen family, down in Georgia.  She gave them up.  Says they do better with dad.  We heard she had no choice,  Dada had too much on her.  Very negligent mother.  Kids told Laura's kids that they feel more secure with dad.  Looked at her picture in this clipping.  Can tell she has nut problems.  She has nob right to criticize anyone.

hmmm, let me guess, you are part of the "matis" group? hmm

who the hell cares about this garbage...  Was it a "Lenape wedding"?  No!  Not because these folks didn't stand on the left foot while hopping counterclockwise and reciting the 12 steps, it wasn't "Lenape" because they are NOT Lenape, was it a "Native American" wedding?  No, for the same reason!  When a non-Native, or even a Native who grew up "white" preforms a pan-Indian show, it does not make it "Indian", nor does it make these Matis folks any better off than the United Eastern Wanabe Nation because ya'll acome on here and launch personal attacks.  It actually puts you in the same boat!  Give it a rest, I have had my fill with the Wannabes as well as the Wannabe-busters out there.

Offline

 

#21 Aug-07-2010 10:03:pm

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

Suckachsinheet wrote:

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E  sad

I prefer the powwow version:

mickey mouse, minni mouse, pluto too, they are all stars in Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland... way-a-ha-hey-o....

Offline

 

#22 Aug-08-2010 01:13:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 11094

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

darren wrote:

I read all on this post.  I was there the day of that wedding.  There was a lot of talk it was a sham.  Most of the talk was from those who were spectators.  The man announcing it sounded more like a circu ringmaster, and he made several implications that the public should hold over for this wedding.  My cousin Laura went to Harbor High with Singleton.  Said she married a Mackynen.  That is a well respected family here in Ashtabula, and the harbor.  Laura says Singleton was a loser then, always trying to fit into one group or another, and took off for Calif.  Rumored a big name singer/musician once told her she is a nothing.  Now goes by Dancing Dragon Fly.  Hahahahaha!  lol Ask her where her kids are?  We heard with dad, from Mackynen family, down in Georgia.  She gave them up.  Says they do better with dad.  We heard she had no choice,  Dada had too much on her.  Very negligent mother.  Kids told Laura's kids that they feel more secure with dad.  Looked at her picture in this clipping.  Can tell she has nut problems.  She has nob right to criticize anyone.

..........and who the hell are you? I don't appreciate comments toward someone's parenting abilities on a public forum, which btw have NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING to do with anything! Frankly your post reeks of childish behavior. Why dont ONE of you just state facts, instead of this garbage.

At least you're the only one of them not posting/joining from the same computer at the same damm library! roll

Offline

 

#23 Aug-08-2010 06:46:pm

NanticokePiney
Member
From: Hopewell Twp., New Jersey
Registered: Jul-10-2007
Posts: 4214

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

Has anybody checked the 'Twinky Counter' lately ????? We might be edging up on AITF's record.yikes


I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Offline

 

#24 Aug-08-2010 10:33:pm

Suckachsinheet
Member
Registered: Sep-11-2007
Posts: 968

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

tree hugger wrote:

Frankly your post reeks of childish behavior.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Mom! She's touching me!

Did not...did too...did not...did too!

yikes


It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

Offline

 

#25 Aug-30-2010 12:04:pm

darren
Guest

Re: Was U.E.L.N. wedding phony, or show for money?

I was told that there was the wedding here and it was a legitimate one. The camp ground association also said it was authenticated. Now I am satisfied with that information. The new UELN chief Quiet Wolf will not let anything untraditional go on. they are tax free and do not want to ruin that by illegal things like weddings that are untraditional.

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson