Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Jul-12-2010 08:41:pm

kirk malek
Visitor

Hello

Hello to all,

My name is Kirk Malek, of Rome, Oh.  I was refered to this site by another member of what we now call Independent Metis Indian Social Club, Inc., of which we will soon be legally refered to per our attorney's advise thanks wholely to the advise given us by the Admisitrator and others on this site.

While all of us in our group do have documented papers through the Church of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City, UT to show we are descendants of Native American ancestory, we have chosen to remain secure in our element of privacy not from shame, but more because we are aware we have much to learn, and much to develop.  We therefore have elected to remain students, and not teachers.  This way we do not promote misunderstandings or animosities among the general public, or from other tribes and groups who may, or may not be of Native descent.

We have enough of the aforementioned going on in this country, and especially here in our own back yard.  In a separate post I will explain more about our club.  Til then, I am closing in prayer that all will recognize we want to learn, and not teach.

Cordially,
Kirk

#2 Jul-12-2010 09:11:pm

NanticokePiney

Re: Hello

kirk malek wrote:

Hello to all,
While all of us in our group do have documented papers through the Church of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City, UT to show we are descendants of Native American ancestory,

If you read this forum thoroughly, that is not proof. The LDS never checks the submissions and many people submit  their own fraudulant geneologies.

Rich Joseph
Historian/Librarian
Mickleton Friends (Quaker) Meeting

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#3 Jul-13-2010 12:03:am

kirk malek
Visitor

NanticokePiney.  I thank you for your advice.  That part about fraud is something we have been being victimized by a lot over the past few years.  Our first experience was with a speaker who addressed our hroup in Dec. 07.  We later found out that Native tribes did not have any princesses.  Native Americans were not set up on a Parliment type government.  We did find that much of the original U.s. Constitution was based on the concepts of the Iroquois laws of running a nation.  Originally, America operated as a Republic; it was around WWII that they began using the term democracy.

We had a man who claimed to be a Shaman speak to us, and found out he is a phony.  Then there were those who claimed to be medicine people, herbalists, crafts people,and on and on we go.  Total laid out among our people?  Tens of thousands, and that is no exaggeration.  Not to mention we always put these people up and fed them generously for days, even weeks, at a time.  True, the majority of us work in professional fields, and several own businesses in manufacturing, real estate, and insurance.  But the stings of being (misled) lingers.

Our last encounter was with the U.E.L.N., and perhaps this is why one of our members (exploded) as she did on this forum.  I cannot speak for her, but she did say she intends to present an apology shortly.  What stewed her anger was in how she was laughed at, and even ridiculed, when mentioning this group one day at a local library.

We had heard this group did appear on a talk show for local WKKY radio, and influenced the disc jockey, Hoss, to petition listeners for land.  This validates a statement you made how some have even been defrauded for land.  We heard a member of this same (Club)  is currently under indictment, along with his wife, for defrauding the City of Huntingdon, Pa.  I heard this man was given grant money, some land, and even a building with which to strat a museum.  Coincidentally, this same man had earlier that year been given some kind of proclamation by the State Senate, I believe, on welcoming home the Lenape people.  Now we see why so many are duped and conned into believing such groups.  Two examples in Ashtabula County are the Antique Engine Club, and Lake Village Campground.

We have also heard rumor(s) that a former chief and elder from U.E.L.N. recently split and has openly declared war on these people to the point he may have people protest their events.  We have heard from our contacts within that (group) that many others have left for similar reasons over the years.  While our member who wrote earlier singled out Billy Bluefeathers, there are[were other members and position holders who have caused many to leave.  Also, we have heard many recognized tribes and nations are holding all in contempt who remain with Bluefeathers under the "guilt by association" concept.

We will be reading this site more to study and learn, and hope one day to build better for our children on what we learn.

Kirk

#4 Jul-13-2010 03:56:pm

NanticokePiney

My problem is I don't get why anyone would want to be Indian. I was born into a tribe in which I actively avoided for over 20 years and I can't comprehend why anyone would want to be a Indian except for some form of ill gotten gain. Nobody wants to be Black. I've never seen any African American heritage organizations because they have a Black ancestor.
  Nobody wants to be harrassed. Being Indian always got me harrassed. Crappy comments at the Quinton Diner and in school. Fights at bars. Denied work at ranches because "we don't hire Indians". If you want to be Indian it must be for some wrongful gain that's my opinion in a nutshell.

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Board footer