Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Jun-28-2010 08:12:pm

amandaquietrainwagner
Guest

U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

Several members from our group, and some AIM affiliates, discreetly attended the recent U.E.L.N. event at the Antique Engine Club on Route 322 in Wayne, Oh.

From their general observations it is more and more apparent that these people are not a very well-read bunch on Lenape heritage, or that of the Eastern Woodlands Indians.  Further, they truly are an embarrassment to not just the aforementioned, but to all Native American peoples across the country.

They have a War Chief who, for lack of better terms, is perhaps semi-literate at best.  He wanders around wearing a vest with expensive looking United States Marine Corps emblems and other paraphanalia on it, thereby giving the impression he served in this branch.  However, when some other members were asked, all replied the man "never served a day."  This, in itself, is unacceptable.

It is unacceptable for him to wear such without having served this country as a bona-fide member of that branch, or any of the others that compose our country's Armed Forces.  It is hypocritical to what this nation did several years ago when trying to expose a former member who claimed to be a POW of the Vietnam Conflict as a fraud. 

It is hypocritical for the chiefs and clan mothers to permit this man to wear such emblems with forknowledge that this man never served, and even detremental to the reputation of that nation, as well.  Should someone who did serve in that branch ask the man a question only those who served in the Marines would know  and he cannot answer correctly, there could be problems.  Some former-Marines are ready to fight, and some have no inhibitions reporting such to those military organizations and clubs who could cause trouble for that man, and the U.E.L.N.

Another reason this affects that nation and speaks negatively about U.E.L.N. leadership is that by the chiefs, clan mothers, and other members tolerating this, it makes all look as if they have no respect for the mission of that service branch, and no respect in general for anyone who served or is on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States.  This, again, is especially true in their pursuit to discredit a possible bogus POW they had in their tribe a few years ago.

The big question is:  Why did they go out of their way to dsicredit the man claiming to be a POW from Vietnam who spent 18 months in a cage, yet they allow a man who never served, who may not even be fit and worthy to serve, to wear a vest with these emblems on it in, of all places, The Sacred Circle where we honor our great ancestors with truth, integrity, and purity?


As one member put it when asked, "Depends on who you are around (the U.E.L.N.)."  Regardless, we all need to be careful what we wear at events, and what messages we convey to people.

 

#2 Jun-29-2010 02:10:am

Suckachsinheet
Member
Registered: Sep-12-2007
Posts: 812

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

I wonder which war chief that was...one of the Collins boys?

I suppose the vest is predicated on the [Plains] tradition of wearing attractive metal emblems from the uniforms of slain soldiers as medicine, with no regard to the original meaning of the emblem. Or along the lines of the story about Hudson giving some Natives stockings and axe heads and returning to find the stockings used as tobacco pouches and the axe heads as medallions. Still, it is inappropriate in this day and does dishonor those who legitimately served.


It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

Offline

 

#3 Jun-29-2010 01:50:pm

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

again, this IS NOT "Native News", at best it is gossip!  "Amanda", if you would like we can start a thread in "Who are these people" titled "wannabes attacking wannabes" and you can have at it with your agenda. 

  You can also feel free to stop in at the "Welcome" section and introduce yourself and your "group".

Offline

 

#4 Jun-29-2010 02:20:pm

sschkaak
Moderator
Registered: Sep-17-2007
Posts: 2937

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

It's evident that whoever wrote this post, under the name of "amandaquietrainwagner," is NOT the same person who wrote the previous posts on this forum, under that name.  Exactly how many different folks will be posting under that moniker?   

(I don't really care that more than one person uses that screen name.  Just wondering how many there are.)

Offline

 

#5 Jun-29-2010 02:49:pm

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

sschkaak wrote:

It's evident that whoever wrote this post, under the name of "amandaquietrainwagner," is NOT the same person who wrote the previous posts on this forum, under that name.  Exactly how many different folks will be posting under that moniker?   

(I don't really care that more than one person uses that screen name.  Just wondering how many there are.)

Well, it could be that it is the same person "physically" however...many personalities....  tongue

On another note, "Amanda", who are your "AIM Affiliates" exactly?  You are welcome to PM me or send me an email, but tossing around a blanket statement doesn't work with me, or others here.  There are more than enough "AIM" claimants running around that are hanging on the coat tails that for you to make such a statement makes me wonder which "hanger on group" you are talking about, hell Billy Little Weasel claimed "AIM", then there are all the AIM-less" popping up....  which is your "groups" claim to fame????

Offline

 

#6 Jun-29-2010 03:09:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 9727

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

roll Moving again.


http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e283/woodlandindians/Treehugger.jpg

Offline

 

#7 Jul-01-2010 03:53:am

Suckachsinheet
Member
Registered: Sep-12-2007
Posts: 812

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

lenape wrote:

again, this IS NOT "Native News", at best it is gossip!

I was going to comment that the UELN being wannabes and disgraceful is hardly "News" to any of us. lol


It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

Offline

 

#8 Jul-03-2010 07:59:pm

sick_in_the_head44
Visitor
Registered: Jul-02-2010
Posts: 2

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

ok, i am only replying to this post to clarify something.....the person who wrote this and other things under this name is a liar, OBVIOUSLY , i know these people and 99.9% of these claims are false!!!! The war chief doesnt wear the vest during gathering hours, but will wear it outside hours to HONOR his brother who served in the marines, HE never has claimed to have served. ALSO for this site to have the post from this person on here that has malicious writings about women, namely describing some of their body parts and then listing their PRIVATE phone number is NOT ONLY disgusting, BUT A DIRECT VIOLATION of your OWN RULES.

Offline

 

#9 Jul-03-2010 08:37:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 9727

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

sick_in_the_head44 wrote:

ok, i am only replying to this post to clarify something.....the person who wrote this and other things under this name is a liar, OBVIOUSLY , i know these people and 99.9% of these claims are false!!!! The war chief doesnt wear the vest during gathering hours, but will wear it outside hours to HONOR his brother who served in the marines, HE never has claimed to have served. ALSO for this site to have the post from this person on here that has malicious writings about women, namely describing some of their body parts and then listing their PRIVATE phone number is NOT ONLY disgusting, BUT A DIRECT VIOLATION of your OWN RULES.

Oh good golly. I thought I edited out most of the private info, but will go check again.

By the way, who the hell are you people???

I know this post reminds me of someone in particular. Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.


http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e283/woodlandindians/Treehugger.jpg

Offline

 

#10 Jul-04-2010 12:13:am

NanticokePiney
Admin of TreeHugger
From: Hopewell Twp., New Jersey
Registered: Jul-10-2007
Posts: 3780

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

tree hugger wrote:

By the way, who the hell are you people???

I know this post reminds me of someone in particular. Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I told you to put chicken wire behind the shutter slats cause now we have bats in the belfry...  yikes


I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Offline

 

#11 Jul-04-2010 02:41:am

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

sick_in_the_head44 wrote:

ok, i am only replying to this post to clarify something.....the person who wrote this and other things under this name is a liar, OBVIOUSLY , i know these people and 99.9% of these claims are false!!!! The war chief doesnt wear the vest during gathering hours, but will wear it outside hours to HONOR his brother who served in the marines, HE never has claimed to have served. ALSO for this site to have the post from this person on here that has malicious writings about women, namely describing some of their body parts and then listing their PRIVATE phone number is NOT ONLY disgusting, BUT A DIRECT VIOLATION of your OWN RULES.

so you are one of the wannabes?  or a defender of the wannabes?  just trying to keep a score card of this circus.  I personally don't buy into either of you 2, or however personalities we are working with.  There are folks on here who know this misfit group very well, at best they are a bunch of over grown boy scouts with painted chicken feathers, made up "Lenape" culture that can not even be classified "Pan-Indian", and a misinformed history that they stole, twisted, mangled, and butchered to fit their agenda, so much bullshit in it that they finally pulled it from the website!

  No, how is that for facts?

  I see this as 2 wannabe groups having a pissing match over who can teach the boy scouts how to say their "ABC's"

  There is a welcome section, both of you, or all of you, are welcome to jump right in and introduce yourself and who claims you.  We have better things to do than hear your little bickering back and forth, I have had it up to my ears with you wannabe, culture vulture, social clubs!

  How do you like me now??

Offline

 

#12 Jul-05-2010 06:23:pm

sick_in_the_head44
Visitor
Registered: Jul-02-2010
Posts: 2

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

if you removed it thank you very much

Offline

 

#13 Jul-11-2010 02:05:pm

amandaquietrainwagner
Guest

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

Treehugger,  You asked who 'in the hell' are the people who responded to my reply abou the war chief?  Naturally they are a gutless person, for they cannot give ther real name, or at least their Native name,  We ahve heard from some still with UELN and local Ashtabula village that "sick_in_the_head" may be one Denise Singleton, aka Dancing Dragonfly, aka Mantis C**t, as she was refered to by one Billy Bluefeathers.

The reasons we believe this could be true is that we found out she is married to the war chief in question, the one who wears the Marine vest at gatherings. She and then man in question were married at a Native ceremony some time ago.    Then look how the writer placed underscores between each word in the name used.  We understand that the UELN mother, one Morning Dove, allegedly uses the same underscores in her email address. This Dragonfly seems to emulate everything Morning Dove says or does.  This endorses the theory of many that this group is a blend of misfits, none of whom can fit in anywhere else, and all who basically need mind control to function.

As for being sick_in_the_head, we have checked her out.  Not just some in that group say she is, but others who knew her from school, or around community, have warned us she is bad news, dangerous, and one who can turn without provocation or warning.  Beware to all who come across her.



*Edit by tree hugger

 

#14 Jul-11-2010 06:25:pm

amandaquietrainwagner
Guest

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

If this man is in fact wearing that vest in honor of his brother who was a Marine, why isn't that made known then to the public? This could be done at some point during the event. They have a public address system.

 

#15 Jul-11-2010 10:45:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 9727

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

amandaquietrainwagner wrote:

Treehugger,  You asked who 'in the hell' are the people who responded to my reply abou the war chief?  Naturally they are a gutless person, for they cannot give ther real name, or at least their Native name,  We ahve heard from some still with UELN and local Ashtabula village that "sick_in_the_head" may be one Denise Singleton, aka Dancing Dragonfly, aka Mantis C**t, as she was refered to by one Billy Bluefeathers.

The reasons we believe this could be true is that we found out she is married to the war chief in question, the one who wears the Marine vest at gatherings. She and then man in question were married at a Native ceremony some time ago.    Then look how the writer placed underscores between each word in the name used.  We understand that the UELN mother, one Morning Dove, allegedly uses the same underscores in her email address. This Dragonfly seems to emulate everything Morning Dove says or does.  This endorses the theory of many that this group is a blend of misfits, none of whom can fit in anywhere else, and all who basically need mind control to function.

As for being sick_in_the_head, we have checked her out.  Not just some in that group say she is, but others who knew her from school, or around community, have warned us she is bad news, dangerous, and one who can turn without provocation or warning.  Beware to all who come across her.

Any volunteers to take this one on?

Btw your post is getting edited, I'm not fond of the "c" word.


http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e283/woodlandindians/Treehugger.jpg

Offline

 

#16 Jul-12-2010 03:27:am

amandaquietrainwagner
Guest

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

Treehugger. I agree you are not fond the C word, but this Bluefeathers uses it quite often, in fact it is his primary call word for females.  If you are so against wannabe groups ruining the general publics beliefs and understanding of the Native American culture, why then doesn't your nation and all other bonafide nations go to the places where they hold "events" or "festivals"  UELN does not have traditional pow wows.  We were told by a couple who belonged to them and left because of the sexist remarks, oogling of females by some, and mind control and favoritism that the nation's mother who toook over from some Pam made the change.  The reason was because by saying these gatherings were events they the UELN, would not have to abide by traditions and rules and ways of ancestors.  I introduced myself in the visitors lounge.  I eplained we do not go and hold public events until we all know what we are doing.  WWe are sincere. e hold regular study groups and try and check stuff out for authenticity. We will never go publicuntil propoerly educated because we do not want to ever mislead public or embarrass ancestors.  Matis?  That is spelling we were given by a Phil Doussard, who also claims to be a rep from AIM.  Since weread your last post we have also seen it spelled Matese, Metise, and you way.  Who is right.  But again if all recognized tribes and nations are able,why don't they contact the establishments who sanction the wannabe groups and allow them to represent the Native American people.  Better yet, why not step in and take over?  This group has two regular annual events in Ashtabula county, and some one night deals as well.  The engine club, this week a campground in Andover.  Now let me ask this, where are all those who fire back and write about this group on other pages?

 

#17 Jul-12-2010 04:46:pm

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

amandaquietrainwagner wrote:

Treehugger. I agree you are not fond the C word, but this Bluefeathers uses it quite often, in fact it is his primary call word for females.  If you are so against wannabe groups ruining the general publics beliefs and understanding of the Native American culture, why then doesn't your nation and all other bonafide nations go to the places where they hold "events" or "festivals"  UELN does not have traditional pow wows.  We were told by a couple who belonged to them and left because of the sexist remarks, oogling of females by some, and mind control and favoritism that the nation's mother who toook over from some Pam made the change.  The reason was because by saying these gatherings were events they the UELN, would not have to abide by traditions and rules and ways of ancestors.  I introduced myself in the visitors lounge.  I eplained we do not go and hold public events until we all know what we are doing.  WWe are sincere. e hold regular study groups and try and check stuff out for authenticity. We will never go publicuntil propoerly educated because we do not want to ever mislead public or embarrass ancestors.  Matis?  That is spelling we were given by a Phil Doussard, who also claims to be a rep from AIM.  Since weread your last post we have also seen it spelled Matese, Metise, and you way.  Who is right.  But again if all recognized tribes and nations are able,why don't they contact the establishments who sanction the wannabe groups and allow them to represent the Native American people.  Better yet, why not step in and take over?  This group has two regular annual events in Ashtabula county, and some one night deals as well.  The engine club, this week a campground in Andover.  Now let me ask this, where are all those who fire back and write about this group on other pages?

Well, I am not Tree Hugger, but I have some input and since you seem not to address what I post I will just insert it....

you ask: "...why then doesn't your nation and all other bonafide nations go to the places where they hold "events" or "festivals"..."

Legitimate Nations have spoken out about these wannabe groups, many times, the Cherokee have a "task force" that deals with this, and other Nations and Tribes have issued resolutions against these groups, and members and supporters of legit Nations have shut down some events run by wannabe groups, however keep in mind there are much bigger issues in Indian Country, National Governments, Tribal Chiefs, Councils, and Elders have a lot more to deal with in their communities to help their people.  Some of these groups lay low and are not well known, "UELN" not being a secrete but there are some...

  A counter question could be why has the Legitimate Metis not shut your group down?

  The Metis has a recognized council, this council is the official voice of the combined Metis folks.  I have dealt with some members of their council recently, while looking into another "instant Metis" group claiming Nation, they know who their Communities are and they also know there are Metis popping up everywhere, but they are stretched thin as it is dealing with their own People.

you mention a "...traditional Powwow..."

What "Tradition" are you speaking of?  I drum at Powwow's, used to do quite a few but I do not "play well with others", so I am banned from most in the PA-upper NY area, but I have been to Powwows in many states, including states of high Indian Population, been to "inter-tribal as well as Tribal "Powwows", never seen 2 alike, everyone has their own customs, their own rules, and that is their choice...  Been to tribal Powwows where they sit around the drum and drink all night, or social dances where they are so drunk by morning that they can not even call the last song, been to others where there is no "non-Natives" allowed to dance or drum, the "Powwow" culture is a mixed up bag...  There are some standards that I adhere to, and will not attend if I don't agree, there are some lines that when crossed *I* feel something needs to be done, for example a troop of half naked track runners bouncing what they got in the dance circle, something was done, not a problem any more...

you ask: "But again if all recognized tribes and nations are able,why don't they contact the establishments who sanction the wannabe groups and allow them to represent the Native American people.  Better yet, why not step in and take over?"

Well, many do contact the "establishments", many contact the sponsors, even the local governments such as town, township, and county and their officials, there are folks right here on this forum who spen countless hours reaching out to correct these problems, writing letters, making calls, even going in person to these businesses, there is a lot that goes on that you have no idea about, "we", with the support of legitimate tribal governments and each other here and throughout Indian Country, have accomplished A LOT, yes we have "lost some" but not for lack of trying, but it is not OUR job to "correct" all of Indian Countries problems, we do what we can, where we can.  Education is over half the battle, this forum and members of this forum provide priceless information about our respective people, we use this by sending the "establishments" here to read about this, getting the general public to read this and see what is real, supported by facts...  "...step in and take over..."  This is a whole other discussion, "UELN" has been visited numerous times, as have other groups, I personally have seen this and even been involved in this, however this IS 2010, there are certain ways things need to be done, educating folks about these misfits is the answer.  I, and others, have been involved when folks went out and cut "Sundance Trees down at grounds where they did not belong, took pipes from wanna be "Lakota", and sat outside of events protesting, that is all fine and great, however it has limited productivity.

you say: "...Phil Doussard, who also claims to be a rep from AIM..."

I would be interested if anyone else from AIM knows of him being a "rep.", I personally do not know him, or of him, that doesn't mean he is not affiliated with an off shoot group, there are "AIM" chapters popping up all over, many are AIM-less, and take anyone who has a bead and feather.  Legitimate AIM, such as AIM-West, GGC, and a couple others, are not in the business of making or endorsing culture clubs, hobbiest groups, or creating new "Nations", so I would look a little closer...  You claim that your "AIM supporters" went to this event and saw all the "problems", and if you have an associate who is an "AIM rep." then there should be no problem getting support to do something, however I have not heard anything being said here on the East Coast, no requests for support in this from any of the members, nothing in any of the emails....  so I have to wonder...  I think so folks have accepted the wrong idea of what AIM is about, partially due to all the AIM-less groups thinking they are gang busters, a little research will give you a clue.

  Another reason these wannabe groups get where the are is because in this day and age it is not who you are but who you know, or another choice word rhyming, these folks make friends to fulfill their agenda, these friends have their own agenda and both work to get what they want.  In other cases these wannabe folks prey on the uneducated, unknowing public to "win them over" and convince them they, the wannabes, are the real deal indians, then often times sucker them into giving them land, money, buildings, and many other benifits that Legitimate Nations and Tribes deserve.  We got a wannabe group here in eastern PA that has conned the college level education system that they are a long lost tribe, despite hundreds of emails filled with facts, hundreds of phone calls, even visits, but because someone has an agenda to get rich, and another to get recognition, this LIE will become fact after long enough, at least among those who choose to ignor the proven facts, and sadly many innocent generations to come who will be fed this garbage and told to "believe"....  So you think "you" have problems because some wannabes wanna dance around with chicken feathers strapped to their head, have a look at some of the other issues...  Tenn. just recognized a bunch of Boy and Girl Scout Clubs as Tribes, the CNO, Eastern Band, and other Legitimate Nations have been speaking out for years, got involved to try to stop this, yet it still happened....  The examples are endless....

you say: "...  I eplained we do not go and hold public events until we all know what we are doing.  WWe are sincere. e hold regular study groups and try and check stuff out for authenticity. "

Okay, this still does not make you anything more than a "Culture Club", or any other similar reference...  You are NOT a "Nation", not a "Tribe", or any other governmental agency of a Tribe or Nation, just a club....  If you are so hellbent on education, have a seat and read some of what we have here, do some research, research the true name, METIS, and culture and history of the distinct people you are claiming to be for crying out loud, have a look around at what is going on in Indian Country and you will see there is a LONG, LONG "...to do..." list, and in addition, I personally have a hard time supporting a group calling themselves a "Nation" when they are not, a group "...still learning..." however ready to correct others, a group that is potentially as "bad" as the group they are complaining about, and I am certain there are many other Indian People with a similar concern....


I don't expect you will address me, and that is fine, but I suggest you think about what I wrote and take a step out of the picture so you can see the whole picture.

Offline

 

#18 Jul-12-2010 06:11:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 9727

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

What he said!! I just hope you actually read it.


http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e283/woodlandindians/Treehugger.jpg

Offline

 

#19 Jul-12-2010 06:14:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin
Registered: May-12-2006
Posts: 9727

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

Oops I meant to add:

So far I have talked with five people I know, just today, and no one has a clue who Phil Doussard is. hmm


http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e283/woodlandindians/Treehugger.jpg

Offline

 

#20 Jul-12-2010 06:21:pm

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

hmmmm,  I have not come up with anything either.....

"Amanda", what "AIM chapter" is this person a "rep." of?

Offline

 

#21 Jul-12-2010 09:36:pm

amandaquietrainwagner
Guest

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

Phil Doussard told us he is from the Erie, Pa AIM office. He is suppose to be at our meeting this Friday evening.  If you want, I will get a business card.  Why? do you smell something fishy?  Let us know.  In reading what you add to this mess it looks like we are more and more being misled by phonys all claiming to be Native American leaders.  We do know that our documentations on our bloodline are true because these were done by the Mormons.  This is at least one thing the UELN told us that we know is true. Sally Dancing Elk called the number posted on their site and asked, and we contacted the main church in Salt Lake City Utah after hearing that.  Now in reading what you said much of it makes sense, and we will try and follow the ways of what you said.  We heard there also is a UELN out in Utah, one in WVa, one called Standing Stone in Pa, and then one in Tenn.  Will the real UELN plase stand up.  All  we know is we were told by some Lenape who did a presentation for the boy scouts in nearby Orwell is we were to stay away from the UELN here. One of these people told us of Bluefeathers, and some others who once belonged.  He said this group is "trashy," and we tend to agree after seeing things at whatever they call their events. Yes that war chief did in fact tell some of our people he was a Marine.  He also did not make any attempts to deny being in that branch or stop giving people the idea he was. We spoke with a bunch of peoplle about UELN.  They have had so many inside break ups and people have splintered away and started other groups. There is a village in Pa not far from Greenevillle and it is called Stoneboro and that is where the bigger split came. We heard Billy Bluefeathers did an illegal ceremony and then blamed it on some Tom Warrior, or Tom red Heart Warrior, and then a guy called White Panther and said they all had the wrong information and the man who was sworn in as chief started going like a dictator. We heard the man from Stoneboro and his people pulled out. This seems to happen a lot with this group or are we being mislead again?  One of our people goes to a local university and the UELN there had a speaking event and some of our people attended to take notes then one of the women who was at there as a student told some other students and a few of our people how she was upset because of the people leading the UELN. I am not sure it had something to do with how the local Satr Beacon up in Ashtabula went to an event and how they printed her as being a chief then how that Morning Dove you spoke of on a different post got all fussy acting like this women did that personally. The woman said she is plotting and waiting to settle her case with Morning Dove and being as friendly as she can. It is the old kill with kindnesss bit. The woman said when they had all this fighting with the new chief that Morning dove did not fool her because she saw that the only thng Morning Dove was worried was she could not be out in front of public getting recognition all the time and that Morning Dove is not concerned about anything but Morning Dove stuff. We heard she told these people to watch Morning Dove and how she starts to put on a phonys smile and slows down in the dance ring when she sees someone is going to take a picture or video a dance.  Some of our people did and they saw her do that.  See we are confused. We were told it is a sacred circle where we honor the Creator and ancestors not a dance ring that term makes it sound like you said a circus. what is it a sacred circle or dance ring?  So what are we to do now.  we want to learn and practice the true ways. Everywhere and one we turn to calls the other wannabes or liars or dont know what they are doing. Then we find everyone we trust is fraud.

 

#22 Jul-12-2010 10:14:pm

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

You wrote: "Phil Doussard told us he is from the Erie, Pa AIM office"

roll oh!  They are still around....  There is a "group" who called themselves AIM Erie...  I thought they were a support group, but I guess these days you can be anything you want to be.  AIM groups, these days are no different than the wannabe groups popping up, we have one over here that wants to be "wannabe busters" but the majority carry wannabe cards from wannabe tribes, so...

you wrote: "...Will the real UELN plase stand up...

There is NO "real UELN", they are not a "Nation", "Tribe", "Band", or even inter-related.  I knew the founder of this whole mess, he was Delaware and Cayuga and originally started out uniting "descendants", then adopting anyone who wanted to be an "Indian", he started 5-6 different "Nations" which were nothing more than "culture clubs", as he got older he got even "softer" and created more "chiefs" than "Indians", and the outcome is the alphabet soup of Wannabe "Lenape" bouncing around.  While I knew Sam Hannah before much of this snowballed, I agreed with his original goals, as time went by that changed and he lost a lot of good folks and attracted wannabe folks, burnt a lot of bridges over time, once he died all of these folks he created, and many who never even knew him came out of the woodwork claiming all kinds of non-sense.  He has an enrolled son who has nothing to do with these folks, non of them at all, and is quite ashamed of where all of this went.

you wrote: So what are we to do now.  we want to learn and practice the true ways.

Stay away from creating "Nations", "Tribes", "Bands" and all that nonsense.  If you are Indian, go learn about YOUR people, take the time to learn the language and help keep that alive, go volunteer at YOUR tribes center, learn the Powwow Culture of Your People, take the time, effort, and energy that you are putting into this pan-Indian Pipe dream of a "Nation" and dedicated it to doing something for your people.  That is what you should do "physically", if you are looking for "spiritual" advice then you need to look into yourself for that, if you need to seek this out, or "learn" this from a guru, or be led by the hand, then you should re-evaluate!  Non of this is gonna make you a "carded Indian", you might not even be liked or accepted right away, that is how it is, if you live to please others then you are wasting air a plant could use.

As far as who is a fraud?  Well, "Federally recognized" Tribes/Nations have proven what is required to be considered Indian, there are some State Tribes as well, but out side of those, there is no sure way to tell, sit back as see what goes on, see who supports them, are they recognized by legit. Indian communities, not just individuals, but communities, are they known in Indian Country?  Accept that you are gonna run into more wannabe groups than real, why?  Because "we" stay to ourselves, we are not looking for followers.  Will you find what you are looking for?  Who knows...  But creating what you are seeking is not the answer, just makes you what you are fighting.

  That is my advice in all of this, take it or leave it!

Offline

 

#23 Jul-13-2010 01:38:am

NanticokePiney
Admin of TreeHugger
From: Hopewell Twp., New Jersey
Registered: Jul-10-2007
Posts: 3780

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

Lenape put our group opinion in a nutshell, and it's not Matis or Matese. It's Metis, and anyone who tells you any different is making up their own garbage. wink


I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Offline

 

#24 Jul-19-2010 06:35:pm

lenape
Member
Registered: Feb-11-2008
Posts: 1779

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

well, from their site there is no more "events" scheduled this year, so Western PA and Ohio are safe, for now?! hmm

Offline

 

#25 Aug-30-2010 03:58:pm

darren
Guest

Re: U.E.L.N. More a wannabe bunch than ever before.

Chief Quiet Wolf and his wife are doing great things with the United Eastern Lenape Nation. I was told this by Turtle Woman at a gathering ahwile ago when I asked how that nation was.  They were able to raise thousands of tax free monies and added more gigs to their list. Unfortunate it was all over internet that a man in that group masturbated in front of kids. A aldy named Penny poros Vaughan commented in a facebook page called Growing up in Ashtabula the person may have been a Billy bluefeather.  She said her relative lives at the ashtabula tower and said Bluefeather is a phony. I heard from a Ken that they got rid of Bluefeather at a ceremony by a White Panther in Penn a few years ago but he kept coming back. Whatever I was told by Turtle Woman Quiet Wolf and his wife are turning that nation around and it will be one everyone can be proud of.

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson