Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 Mar-04-2010 08:50:am

sschkaak
Website

Re: ANOTHER "GAUNTLET" IS THROWN!

EXCELLENT posts!  How soon some people forget!

#52 Mar-04-2010 08:54:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

sschkaak wrote:

I don't think they forgot, but I bet they wish everyone else did.

#53 Mar-04-2010 09:04:am

lenape

hmmmm....  well, it is not the first time that folks out that way have had a brief memory loss....hmm

There is also a brief mention of the New Jersey Indians in the 1988 presentation at Kent State, where Jim Revey, a New Jersey Delaware, Sand Hill, spoke as did some of the Oklahoma Delaware folks...

#54 Mar-04-2010 09:24:am

ramapoughnative
Website

truly sad.. some there think they are the know all, end all and can wipe away history with a brush of their hand.. their loss, not ours. The government has won. sad

Everything I do is for my grandmother for without her, I wouldn't be here today.

#55 Mar-04-2010 09:41:am

lenape

and there is also the Symposium on April 27, 2002, in Dover Delaware, that was attended by Oklahoma Delaware, Nanticoke/Lenape, Munsee from Canada, Ramapough Lenape, and Lenape Indian Tribe of Delaware....

#56 Mar-04-2010 09:47:am

ramapoughnative
Website

"The only alternative which civilization offers to the Indians is gradual absorption or extermination. There is no middle ground between these two extremes. But before they can be absorbed they must be led to civilization and citizenship. After that they will in time gradually assimilate with the general population and thus cease to be a separate and distinct race." - Proposed Indian Policy, James Newland, 1881..

welcome to federal recognition..

Everything I do is for my grandmother for without her, I wouldn't be here today.

#57 Mar-04-2010 10:13:am

ramapoughnative
Website

and more..

"THE FEDERAL POLICY.
THE TRIBAL RELATION.
The separate existence of the Indians in tribes invites attack and is in this respect an element of weakness, yet, nevertheless, it -is absolutely necessary to preserve them in that condition until they are sufficiently civilized to be made citizens in fact, not merely in name and thus become able to take their chances with other men in the battle of life. A writer in the Friends' Review says, that in 1870, Pleasant Porter, a leading Creek, said to him :
"If our country be placed under a territorial government and whites come in upon us, the few of us, who are educated so as to avail ourselves of the sale of lands, will become rich. But the mass of the people will soon lose their all and become vagabonds and fugitives. For untold generations, your people have held property in severalty and have had hereditary habits of acquiring and holding possession and of looking to the future. For untold generations our people have held property in common, have learned only to supply our present wants and
to care nothing for the future, and when we are brought into contact you eat us up."

Looks like they learned the lesson well and now I assume this new attack is for land rights and they will try and do the same here.

#58 Mar-04-2010 02:13:pm

Tokipahkinao

HE! Lenape,

You're bringing back memories. I attended all of the Kent State Symposia held in Eastern Ohio. And I was present at the program in Dover, Delaware.

I 'm not sure if it was at one of the Ohio meetings, or at Dover, that a small group of
Indians who said they were Lenape, were sitting in the back of the auditorium. Some one of that group made a comment about needing
to learn more about their heritage. At a break , I approached one of the ladies and asked if I could help  them to learn about historic clothing, accesories, etc of the Lenape. She said "NO!" very emphatically. I wonder what happened to them . . . .   . . . . .  . . . . . . ? 

Could they have ended up in the Pennsylvania forests?!?!? 

Love to all,

Tokipahkinao

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPACE FOR NP TO MAKE COMMENTS ON HOW OLD  I

MUST BE TO HAVE BEEN AROUND SO LONG AGO!

#59 Mar-30-2010 04:46:pm

NanticokePiney

tree hugger wrote:

sschkaak wrote:

I don't think they forgot, but I bet they wish everyone else did.

When your right no one remembers. When your wrong no one forgets.....and I forget no wrongs. neutral  It looks like it  got interesting in my absence. I wonder what Curtis Z.'s take is on this. I distinctly remember him "hobnobbing" with  some highly questionable folks in P.A........hmm

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#60 Mar-30-2010 04:51:pm

ramapoughnative
Website

What's up cuz'!   How have you been? smile

#61 Mar-30-2010 05:04:pm

NanticokePiney

ramapoughnative wrote:

What's up cuz'!   How have you been? smile

Not unwell. smile  Rather disgusted though seeing Jerry's letter. yikes Another turd that better look into some South Jersey Quaker records before he runs with his choke out.....neutral

#62 Mar-30-2010 09:10:pm

lenape

NanticokePiney wrote:

I wonder what Curtis Z.'s take is on this. I distinctly remember him "hobnobbing" with  some highly questionable folks in P.A........hmm

He' Piney!!

Well, I spoke with Curtis about this a couple weeks ago and he sent a letter to "Mr." Douglas that was almost identical to mine(Check your email), in fact there are not many out there that old Jerry Douglas is speaking for, some from the Traditional communities add to and forwarded my letter to him also.  Others didn't even know that this "resolution" was "out there", so it seems that this is a private agenda of a select few of "hang around the fort indians", however I am kind of surprised at one of the signatures, though I guess when one rides with one foot in each canoe it is easy to bounce back and forth....

Ps, got my phone back, give me a call sometime Piney, missed ya at philly!

#63 Mar-31-2010 07:54:pm

NanticokePiney

lenape wrote:

NanticokePiney wrote:

I wonder what Curtis Z.'s take is on this. I distinctly remember him "hobnobbing" with  some highly questionable folks in P.A........hmm

He' Piney!!

Well, I spoke with Curtis about this a couple weeks ago and he sent a letter to "Mr." Douglas that was almost identical to mine(Check your email), in fact there are not many out there that old Jerry Douglas is speaking for, some from the Traditional communities add to and forwarded my letter to him also.  Others didn't even know that this "resolution" was "out there", so it seems that this is a private agenda of a select few of "hang around the fort indians", however I am kind of surprised at one of the signatures, though I guess when one rides with one foot in each canoe it is easy to bounce back and forth....

Ps, got my phone back, give me a call sometime Piney, missed ya at philly!

So we have to send Jerry a big spanner wrench so he can unscrew his head from his ass and stick it where it belongs. yikes

#64 Apr-01-2010 09:52:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

NanticokePiney wrote:

So we have to send Jerry a big spanner wrench so he can unscrew his head from his ass and stick it where it belongs. yikes

I believe it's stuck in someone else's right now.

#65 Apr-01-2010 10:02:am

sschkaak
Website

Well...  The entire Delaware Tribe Council signed the letter to the Penn Treaty Museum (not just the Chief), and the Council and Trust Board agreed to the Resolution.  There's an easy way to counter these:  With evidence and documentation.

#66 Apr-01-2010 08:17:pm

NanticokePiney

sschkaak wrote:

Well...  The entire Delaware Tribe Council signed the letter to the Penn Treaty Museum (not just the Chief), and the Council and Trust Board agreed to the Resolution.  There's an easy way to counter these:  With evidence and documentation.

John Norwood and Brother Swain, the clerk of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting both have close ties with the museum. They will approach the Friends and WE will give them a answer. If it is not on the Indian Committee agenda I will put it there myself.

#67 Apr-01-2010 09:24:pm

ramapoughnative
Website

They have the evidence It's not hard to find.. I think it's because we stuck it out, they left and now try to hold a power over who's left. It should be the other way round.. they came from here. I'm sorry but i'm neither in want nor need of their acceptance..

Last edited by ramapoughnative (Apr-01-2010 09:25:pm)

#68 Apr-01-2010 10:21:pm

NanticokePiney

ramapoughnative wrote:

They have the evidence It's not hard to find.. I think it's because we stuck it out, they left and now try to hold a power over who's left. It should be the other way round.. they came from here. I'm sorry but i'm neither in want nor need of their acceptance..

Actually, neither am I. The only reason I'm ever in Okie is to watch my friends rodeo and I make it a point not to stop in either Bartlesville or Anadarko. I've never been to either communities. I just visit Osage friends and Friends in Pawhuska. neutral
This stunt didn't make Jerry any friends among the Quakers. Like I said, it will be discussed fully.

#69 Apr-01-2010 10:36:pm

ramapoughnative
Website

I know that about you Rich..smile cut from the same cloth.. Just can't understand all the effort put into getting them to notice us. Some here did for them when they needed it, now they got what they wanted and the people here are ghosts to them. Why bother? The sun will still rise and set without them.

#70 Apr-02-2010 08:53:pm

NanticokePiney

ramapoughnative wrote:

I know that about you Rich..smile cut from the same cloth..

...Same inbred genes....lol

#71 Apr-02-2010 11:18:pm

ramapoughnative
Website

lollol  yeppers!  Have a great Easter to everyone here ( you are all my family)!

#72 Apr-02-2010 11:35:pm

Chevy

big_smiletonguelol Likewise a great Easter to all.

#73 Apr-03-2010 01:20:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Thanks Steven. Happy Bunny Day to you too.

#74 Apr-03-2010 03:18:pm

Ohelemapit
Website

Happy Easter from across the water.

Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Native American.

/pb.php?url=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/XSAS44/xsassig.gif

#75 Apr-25-2010 10:59:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay in getting this up here.

/pb.php?url=http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e283/woodlandindians/page0001.jpg

Board footer