Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#76 Dec-26-2009 01:31:pm

bls926
Administrator

Re: Native American Authors Who Aren't

Something for everyone, lenape.  tongue

Guess that's why it's destined to be a best-seller. TV series. Movie.

Edit to add: IF it ever gets published.

#77 Dec-26-2009 01:58:pm

lenape

bls926 wrote:

Something for everyone, lenape.  tongue

Guess that's why it's destined to be a best-seller. TV series. Movie.

Edit to add: IF it ever gets published.

I guess, sadly this is what the dominate culture wants to believe, and one again it is a perpetuation of every misconception and stereotype of Indian People. hmm

#78 Dec-26-2009 02:25:pm

bls926
Administrator

lenape wrote:

I guess, sadly this is what the dominate culture wants to believe, and one again it is a perpetuation of every misconception and stereotype of Indian People. hmm

And that's the absolute truth!

#79 Dec-26-2009 05:03:pm

NanticokePiney

lenape wrote:

bls926 wrote:

Hey, sschkaak, better??  wink

http://a948.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im … c85eab.jpg  Lexi Many Horses (with a slice of Joseph on the side)

Hey, maybe I will give it a read, LMAO!big_smile 
neutral

Your married a pretty, educated, cultured, Continental European woman and you want more???  yikes   SHEESH!

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#80 Dec-27-2009 12:25:pm

bls926
Administrator

These are all paper Indians, no substance at all. Stereotypes.

Edit to add: I guess all the characters are stereotypes, not just the Native ones. From the Italian lover to the Hispanic lover to the New York City cop. Every one of them is just what you'd expect.

#81 Dec-28-2009 12:15:pm

NanticokePiney

bls926 wrote:

These are all paper Indians, no substance at all. Stereotypes.

Edit to add: I guess all the characters are stereotypes, not just the Native ones. From the Italian lover to the Hispanic lover to the New York City cop. Every one of them is just what you'd expect.

hmm What do you expect from a WASP?????

#82 Jan-08-2010 12:20:am

bls926
Administrator

January 3, 2010 - Sunday 

Proudly presenting SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Spirit!
Category: Writing and Poetry

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZG3ZwAeVL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I am very happy to announce that on New Year's Eve day I received the proof copy of SILVER HAWK, A Warrior's Spirit.  I have read this story a million times but to see it in actual BOOK FORM was a thrill.  We have had special reason to celebrate over the past few days!!!

I spent New Year's Eve reading the proof copy (what a GREAT way to bring in the New Year) and had a few discussions about different aspects of the book.  The decision was made today to approve the proof and send SILVER HAWK flying all over the world.

Within 15 business days it should appear on Amazon.com for everyone to buy.  It is a great story of hope and a wonderful way to spend a cold winter evening.  If you love to read, you will love the SILVER HAWK WARRIOR series.

The current plan is to release one title per month until June...which will take us into summer!  So if you want to go on this journey, I would be honored if you'd read my novels.

Many Thanks & Much Love to everyone who has been so patient and kind!

Alice

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =524576489

Edit 4/21/11 - The picture of A Warrior's Spirit has been deleted from myspace. The above image is from Amazon.  http://www.amazon.com/SILVER-HAWK-Warri … amp;sr=1-1

#83 Jan-08-2010 12:37:am

bls926
Administrator

January 6, 2010 - Wednesday 

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Spirit AVAILABLE NOW!

AVAILABLE
                                           NOW

YES, you can finally have your very own copy of:

SILVER HAWK
                                  A Warrior's Spirit

Find it at Amazon.com by
                        searching the title of the book!
                                             or
                                      try this link:

http://www.amazon.com/SILVER-HAWK-Warri … amp;sr=1-1

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =524880296

#84 Jan-08-2010 01:42:am

bls926
Administrator

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Spirit (Volume 1)
(Paperback)

~ Alice Miller (Author)
***** (1 customer review)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price: $20.00 & eigible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details 

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Want it delivered Monday, January 11?  Order it in the next 36 hours and 39 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Editorial Reviews

Product Description
The first time Joseph Silver Hawk Argent was born, he was called Igmu of the Oglala Lakota. He was a quiet sensitive boy who was shy and afraid of the dark but he could run faster than anyone in his village. During his vision quest he saw something strange, a people with white skin who had yellow, red or brown hair. The holy man didn't understand what these visions were about and Igmu was misunderstood. Everyone is surprised when Igmu's visions become true and the tribe begins to try to survive the encroachment of the white man. Igmu grows up in a time of war and survival. He becomes Silver Hawk and fights in the Battle of Little Bighorn. He moves as his tribe moves in an attempt to remain free. He suffers loss and watches as the world he knew as a child disappears. He is told of the Ghost Dance movement and he is with the Ghost Dancer's at Wounded Knee Massacre. THE SECOND TIME HE IS BORN IN 1990, he is called Joseph Silver Hawk Argent and PROPHECY surrounds his birth. It is said he was an old warrior who lived before but this time he is born on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. His father goes to prison and Joseph moves with his mother to Queens,New York. He knows about the prophecy. HE REMEMBERS the life he lived before. He has more than a hundred years of memories in his mind but he grows up on the streets, becomes the leader of a street gang and his life is war on the streets and trying remain free. It's all about survival. The people of his tribe KNOW WHO HE IS and they want him to come home. The question is, after all that he's done, can he be the warrior they expect him to be? Can he ever go home?

About the Author
Alice Miller proudly presents the first novel of the SILVER HAWK WARRIOR SERIES, A Warrior's Spirit. She is 47 years old and lives at the foothills of the Laurel Mountains in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. She is of Shawnee, Ojibwe, Swiss and Swedish heritage. She is an advocate for Native American rights and a traditional dancer at Pow Wows. She loves to travel. In the past, she worked in a juvenile detention center for 14 years and also in various group homes, helping youth at risk for drug, alcohol, legal and family problems. Her passion is writing but she also loves music, art, theater and dance. She is currently working at a Holiday Inn Express hotel where she loves meeting new people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Details
Paperback: 520 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (January 3, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1449991947
ISBN-13: 978-1449991944
Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 1.2 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: ***** (1 customer review)
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #504,291 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

#85 Jan-08-2010 10:10:pm

bls926
Administrator

This is not good . . .

Yesterday

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #504,291 in Books

Today

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #616,275 in Books

Silver Hawk dropped 111,984 places in less than 24 hours???

#86 Jan-11-2010 08:35:pm

bls926
Administrator

Looking a little better . . .

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #444,199 in Books

2 Reviews

*****  this is an amazing book, January 10, 2010
By  Mrs. S. Green "Suze Green" - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)     

this is an amazing book, I had the pleasure of reading before published, you will be desperate for the next book to be released! I cant wait to get them all!

Suze =)

*****  Excellent book! Totally worth the price, January 6, 2010
By  Amelia Pickens (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews

I had the pleasure of reading this story before it was published and I just want to say its totally worth buying it. You will NOT be disappointed! I couldn't stop reading it and ended up staying up all night and wanted more!

#87 Jan-13-2010 10:15:pm

bls926
Administrator

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #715,517 in Books

#88 Jan-21-2010 06:17:pm

bls926
Administrator

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #896,942 in Books

And another review

***** This is a must read!!!, January 21, 2010
By  Sweet Corn Woman (Hopi Land USA) - See all my reviews

I have just received my books (3, one for myself, one for my 16 yr old daughter and one for my 14 yr old daughter). The Author has graciously allowed me to read several chapters of this book via email. The chapters I have read have me and my daughters so involved in Spirit Hawk's journey, it's amazing! One minute we are feeling happy, giddy, a few sentences later, we are sad, angry and hurt, and as we read on...we are smiling and laughing, cheering for Spirit Hawk! We hungered for more of Spirit Hawk's journey!
If you love to read about what the human spirit can endure without giving up and coming back with such strength to move forward in life to bring life and hope back to a Native Nation broken by the sadistic greed of those who know only to take what is not theirs....then this is the Series for you! I am really looking forward to Books 2 through 6.....

#89 Jan-24-2010 09:41:am

bls926
Administrator

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,047,688 in Books

I wonder how many have been sold.

#90 Jan-24-2010 10:25:am

bls926
Administrator

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #87,017 in Books

Can somebody tell me how this works? #1,047,688 at 8:41 a.m. and #87,017 at 9:25 a.m. Did someone just order 950,000+ books???? Wonder how often the ranking is updated?

#91 Jan-24-2010 12:57:pm

sschkaak

I suspect one or more bookstores made bulk orders.  It would only take 50 or so sales to up the ranking, over a brief period.  The ranking represents "rate of sales"--not total books sold.

It's doing a lot better than my book, which now ranks #2,696,702.   lol

#92 Jan-24-2010 02:56:pm

bls926
Administrator

sschkaak wrote:

I suspect one or more bookstores made bulk orders.  It would only take 50 or so sales to up the ranking, over a brief period.  The ranking represents "rate of sales"--not total books sold.

Thanks, sschkaak. I was thinking it represented number of books sold. Thanks for clarifying.

Don't compare your ranking to the one for this novel. All that shows is that people will select a romantic fiction over a serious non-fiction. They'd rather experience a romp in the hay than learn something of value. Unfortunately, most people would rather be entertained than educated. Cake over bread.

#93 Jan-31-2010 03:55:pm

NanticokePiney

sschkaak wrote:

To read your book you need brains, and that has been seriously lacking in human beings as of late. yikes

#94 Feb-28-2010 02:03:am

bls926
Administrator

Can he make the journey home?

http://hotlink.myspacecdn.com/images02/114/e491c2bb87be49a0ab384cd14871bc28/m.jpg

SILVER HAWK

A Warrior's Honor

Cheetah was raised in NYC surrounded by the influences of alcohol and heroin.  He is entrenched in the gang life style and it's what he knows best.  He's been fighting in the underground fighting arenas and running from the mob.

When life throws him a curve and it all comes to an end, he's taken back home to the Indian reservation where he was born.  He doesn't know anything about what living on the reservation is like but he doesn't want to find out either.  He's a New Yorker from the city, and that's where his heart lies.

He knows where he's been and what he's done.

Can his honor be restored?

Can he go home?

He's been a warrior all of his life but he's a warrior of the streets.  He feels he has no honor left from the life he's been forced to live.

Can he make the journey home?

Find out
                                                         in

SILVER HAWK
                                              A Warrior's Honor
                                                  by: A. Miller

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =206151283

#95 Feb-28-2010 02:28:am

bls926
Administrator

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Honor (Volume 2)
Alice Miller (Author)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $15.04 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details 

In Stock.

Want it delivered Tuesday, March 2?  Order it in the next 35 hours and 39 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Editorial Reviews

Product Description
Joseph's mother is sick and he's the only one to take care of her. No ordinary job will give him the money he needs. He makes a deal with a mob boss and the only way out is death. When Don Antone takes everything from him, including his honor, he desperately tries to escape. The mob boss offers a reward for his return and everyone is trying to collect, including the city cops. Joseph, also known as Cheetah, enlists the aid of an unlikely partner, a gang enforcement officer named Frank Belger, and together they enter the world of underground fighting and organized crime.

About the Author
Alice Miller proudly presents the second novel of the SILVER HAWK WARRIOR SERIES, A Warrior's Spirit. She is 47 years old and lives at the foothills of the Laurel Mountains in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. She is of Shawnee, Ojibwe, Swiss and Swedish heritage. She is an advocate for Native American rights and a traditional dancer at Pow Wows. She loves to travel. In the past, she worked in a juvenile detention center for 14 years and also in various group homes, helping youth at risk for drug, alcohol, legal and family problems. Her passion is writing but she also loves music, art, theater and dance. She is currently working at a Holiday Inn Express hotel where she loves meeting new people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Details
Paperback: 376 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (February 2, 2010)
ISBN-10: 1450521061
ISBN-13: 978-1450521062
Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #540,847 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

*****  Another I couldn't stop reading, February 7, 2010

My friend Alice let me have the honor of reading this book on my computer and I can honestly say that I enjoyed every moment of this story. Joseph is struggling to live in New York trying to keep out of trouble and trying to keep up with all of his surroundings. Then his mother gets sick and he has no job for her medical bills so he is approached by Don Antone to do street fighting and he promises to take care of Josephs mother. So Joseph is pushed into a world of abuse, drugs, alcohol and at the same time he is losing himself.

This book will touch you and make you laugh all at the same time. When I read it I felt as if I was next to him watching everything he is going through and not many authors or stories I have read have done that. You should give Silver Hawk A Warriors Spirit and Silver Hawk A Warriors Honor a chance. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.amazon.com/SILVER-HAWK-Warri … r=1-1#noop

#96 Mar-09-2010 12:44:am

bls926
Administrator

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411oHDCOipL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Pride (Paperback)
~ Alice Miller (Author)

Price: $11.00 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details 

In Stock.

Want it delivered Wednesday, March 10?  Order it in the next 13 hours and 26 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Editorial Reviews

Product Description
Cheetah a.k.a. Silver Hawk is reunited with his identical twin brother Seth Lone Wolf who was born and raised on the reservation. His father is also released from prison and after 13 years of being apart, the 3 try to find a way to live together as family. Everyone feels that it is important for Cheetah to remain with the Lakota because of who he is but he feels out of place among his own people. Some accept him but others do not. He had promised his mother that he would try to make amends with his father and his brother but his past lingers and old deals he made in the city won't go away. He struggles with alcohol abuse, a heroin addiction and the nightmares that keep him awake at night. He is still afraid of the dark but he is a warrior of the streets. How can he be what his people want him to be? And because of the past memories in his head, he has a great dislike for the reservation because Silver Hawk of the Oglala in 1890 never wanted to go there in the first place.

About the Author
Alice Miller proudly presents the third novel of the SILVER HAWK WARRIOR SERIES, A Warrior's Spirit. She is 47 years old and lives at the foothills of the Laurel Mountains in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. She is of Shawnee, Ojibwe, Swiss and Swedish heritage. She is an advocate for Native American rights and a traditional dancer at Pow Wows. She loves to travel. In the past, she worked in a juvenile detention center for 14 years and also in various group homes, helping youth at risk for drug, alcohol, legal and family problems. Her passion is writing but she also loves music, art, theater and dance. She is currently working at a Holiday Inn Express hotel where she loves meeting new people.

Product Details
Paperback: 290 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (February 25, 2010)
ISBN-10: 1450590845
ISBN-13: 978-1450590846
Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #481,081 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

***** The great story continues..., March 2, 2010

This is the third book to the Silver Hawk series. And like the other two this book will keep you interested. Except there is more to Josephs struggle in this one when he is once again on the reservation. Not only does he have to deal with his people and their prophecy of him being a old warrior but he also is reunited with his twin brother wolf who hates him and his father Stands Proud who just got out of prison. I will admit the interactions between the three is very amusing and entertaining. Anyone who buys this book will enjoy every minute of it. I highly recommend everyone to read this series. Alice Miller not only writes about the native way of life, reservation life , drugs, alcohol and sex.. She knows how to make you laugh and feel like your standing next to the characters experiencing everything they're going through. I can't wait for more!

http://www.amazon.com/SILVER-Warriors-P … =1-2-fkmr3

#97 Mar-14-2010 11:15:am

bls926
Administrator

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41e4KdAszLL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Heart: Juanita's Journal (Volume 4) (Paperback)
~ Alice Miller (Author)

Price: $15.00 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details 

In Stock.
Price: $15.00 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details 

Want it delivered Tuesday, March 16?  Order it in the next 26 hours and 52 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Editorial Reviews

Product Description
Joseph moves away from the reservation and attempts to live in the Black Hills until a construction company evicts him from his own land and he is forced back to the reservation. It has been nearly 200 years but to Joseph it seems as nothing has changed. He finds his mother's journal in a box that he brought with him from New York and reads in her own words what she thought of the things he was doing in the city. He continues to try and escape his past, to get along with his twin brother who hates him and tries to understand his father. Because of discrimination from a nearby predominantly white neighborhood, Joseph finds himself in trouble several times and winds up in jail. From his first lifetime, he has memories of being chased by the 7th Calvary and now it's the local sheriff who wants to imprison him. Has anything changed? He wants to go home to the city where everything was familiar but now that life is gone too, taken away from him, just like his first lifetime was.

About the Author
Alice Miller proudly presents the fourth novel of the SILVER HAWK WARRIOR SERIES, A Warrior's Spirit. She is 47 years old and lives at the foothills of the Laurel Mountains in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. She is of Shawnee, Ojibwe, Swiss and Swedish heritage. She is an advocate for Native American rights and a traditional dancer at Pow Wows. She loves to travel. In the past, she worked in a juvenile detention center for 14 years and also in various group homes, helping youth at risk for drug, alcohol, legal and family problems. Her passion is writing but she also loves music, art, theater and dance. She is currently working at a Holiday Inn Express hotel where she loves meeting new people.

Product Details
Paperback: 372 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (March 7, 2010)
ISBN-10: 1451511655
ISBN-13: 978-1451511659

***** A very touching book you have to read.,
March 13, 2010

This is book four in the Silver Hawk series. Joseph finds his mothers journal in a box. He begins to read her thoughts on her life, his father and what she thinks cheetah is doing in New York. Even though she doesn't like what he is doing you can feel the love she had for him and how much she worried about him before she passed away. Its beautifully written and I actually cried throughout the book and for me that takes a lot because I didn't even cry at the end of Titanic lol..

This series deserves a 5 star rating and I hope they go far.

Last edited by bls926 (Aug-27-2010 11:58:pm)

#98 Mar-14-2010 11:37:am

bls926
Administrator

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Spirit (Volume 1) - Paperback (Jan. 3, 2010)
by Alice Miller
Buy new: $20.00
5 new from $19.94
1 used from $22.15

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,263,981 in Books

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Honor (Volume 2) - Paperback (Feb. 2, 2010)
by Alice Miller
Buy new: $15.04

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,523,421 in Books

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Pride - Paperback (Feb. 25, 2010)
by Alice Miller
Buy new: $11.00  Now $7.92

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #981,202 in Books

SILVER HAWK A Warrior's Heart: Juanita's Journal (Volume 4) - Paperback
(Mar. 7, 2010)
by Alice Miller
Buy new: $15.00

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1268579954/ … mp;delta=0

#99 May-09-2010 02:11:pm

bls926
Administrator

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KnW0%2B%2BNVL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

SILVER HAWK The Returning Warrior (Volume 5) [Paperback] Newest Printing
Alice Miller (Author)
No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

In Stock.

Want it delivered Tuesday, May 11?  Order it in the next 23 hours and 59 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

3 new from $15.00
1 used from $17.18 

Editorial Reviews

Product Description
Joseph struggles with his identity and tries to get along with his family on the reservation. He would do anything to leave his past behind but an enemy arrives claiming Joseph stole what belongs to him by birthright. Joseph's family and his people are threatened as Sai Khan vows to retrieve what he believes was wrongfully taken from him. Joseph knows that he is not the same warrior he once was but that doesn't change how he feels in his heart about the Lakota. How much will he sacrifice to protect his people?

About the Author
Alice Miller proudly presents the fifth novel of the SILVER HAWK WARRIOR SERIES, A Warrior's Spirit. She is 47 years old and lives at the foothills of the Laurel Mountains in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. She is of Shawnee, Ojibwe, Swiss and Swedish heritage. She is an advocate for Native American rights and a traditional dancer at Pow Wows. She loves to travel. In the past, she worked in a juvenile detention center for 14 years and also in various group homes, helping youth at risk for drug, alcohol, legal and family problems. Her passion is writing but she also loves music, art, theater and dance. She is currently working at a Holiday Inn Express hotel where she loves meeting new people.

Product Details
Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (April 8, 2010)
ISBN-10: 1451518714
ISBN-13: 978-1451518719
Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #821,049 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

More About the Author

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/0e/60/055f24447e0c0a7f02359e.L._SY100_.jpg

Discover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.

Visit Amazon's Alice Miller Page

http://www.amazon.com/SILVER-HAWK-Retur … amp;sr=1-5

Last edited by bls926 (Aug-28-2010 12:02:am)

#100 Jul-20-2010 09:08:am

amandaquietrainwagner

Very interesting, and I thank you.  I especially liked the writing on Grey Owl.  At least he was amn enough to admit he was not Indian, and he did give a lot back.  I wish there were more like him.

Board footer