Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sep-27-2009 09:32:pm

NanticokePiney

Delaware Indians of Pennsylvania Website

I was browsing this site then discovered that this woman, Linda J. Mauser was promoting McCutchen's very poorly researched and totally skewered book on the Walum Olum, 'The Red Record'. She also claims McCutchen has some of the original "prayer sticks". LOL! lol
  McCuthchen's 'Red Record' has the Lenape growing corn on the Columbian Plateau and fighting the Proto-Chinese during the Late Archaic. He also put the Algonquian "Great Flood" in Asia when it was probably the "Glacier Lake Missoula Flood" or the "Glacier Lake Iroquois Flood". He neither speaks Lenape nor has he studied any archaeology. He has a "Art" degree. hmm 

http://delawarein.webs.com/

Her Walum Olum link: http://delawarein.webs.com/walumolum.htm

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#2 Sep-27-2009 09:57:pm

sschkaak
Website

Re: Delaware Indians of Pennsylvania Website

"There's a sucker born every minute!"   neutral

#3 Sep-27-2009 10:38:pm

NanticokePiney

sschkaak wrote:

"There's a sucker born every minute!"   neutral

Take a look at the language section Ray. She even has the Phylum skewered. She wrote this "roundabout" definition of Algic without explaining anything and she's selling a CD.
  Algic is Algonquian-Muskogean if I understand right....at least according to Ives Goddard....yikes

#4 Sep-29-2009 12:42:pm

sschkaak
Website

Actually, as I understand the term, "Algic" is Algonquian + Wiyot and Yurok, as she says.  I don't like to stray too far from Delaware, though.

#5 Nov-18-2013 07:07:am

NanticokePiney

In the original Western Semitic creation story there was no "Adam". He was added during the Babylonian Captivity. There was only Jahi (Eve) and the snake was still her ally then and one of El Shaddai (God) 's helpers.
Beelzebub wasn't one of the chief demons of tradition until the Middle Ages. The term was a Hebrew pun mocking Ba'al Zebul ( Ba'al the Prince) the chief God of the city of Ekron.
McCutchen and other "researchers" needs top put some time in a decent seminary school before they do Biblical comparisons..........

Somebody just gave me a copy of this turkey "The Red Record"............now the fun begins. yikes

#6 Nov-18-2013 10:18:am

sschkaak
Website

I note the "Red Record" thread, at NAFPS, now has over 55,000 views.  I think it's the most popular topic at NAFPS.  (Might be one or two ahead of it.  I didn't see any, though.)  It's somewhere around page 20 or 21, now.  Easiest to find it by using their search feature.  Amazing that they still haven't put it in the frauds section.  Still in Research Needed.  LOL!

#7 Nov-18-2013 11:43:am

NanticokePiney

sschkaak wrote:

Still in Research Needed.  LOL!

and that Celtic reconstructionist douche nozzle Katryn and Al Carrol are still a couple of bowel orafices ........

#8 Nov-18-2013 07:52:pm

Suckachsinheet

NanticokePiney wrote:

In the original Western Semitic creation story there was no "Adam". He was added during the Babylonian Captivity. There was only Jahi (Eve) and the snake was still her ally then and one of El Shaddai (God) 's helpers.
Beelzebub wasn't one of the chief demons of tradition until the Middle Ages. The term was a Hebrew pun mocking Ba'al Zebul ( Ba'al the Prince) the chief God of the city of Ekron.

Can you cite a source for that?

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#9 Nov-18-2013 09:37:pm

NanticokePiney

Suckachsinheet wrote:

NanticokePiney wrote:

Can you cite a source for that?

Which fact? Anyone who went to a seminary (Princeton for one) Knows the different Ba'als and what Semitic cities they were patrons of. Ba'al was the brother of Anat . He was the son El or Elohim (God of Hosts) and Asherah  Which according to the Essenes and later Gnostics were the Masculine and feminine aspects of one deity, YHVH (Yaweh) or what became pronounced in the 14th Century as "Jehovah" by scholars who weren't too keen with their Hebrew.

It's a good bet Elohim (Mose's God) and El Shaddai (Abrahams God) were 2 different deities, but that is theory.
Ba'a'l Berith: The Canaanite Ba'al
Ba'al Peor:(later medieval demon Belphegor) god of Moab
Ba'al Hammon:god of Carthage
Ba'al Haddad (Ba'al Lebanon): You can figure that one out
Ba'al actually means "The Prince" in Western Semitic and he was titled by whichever city worshiped him for whatever aspect.
  There are more such as Ba'al Addir (Jupiter Valens) worshiped by Rome's African Legions. He was from Libya.
  See: "Golden Calf" for more Ba'al
Nothing beats the English Quakers or Jesuits in religious education...............

Nothing is online you have to see my books and I don't want to broadcast my family that's in the U.K. all over the web, which are my sources.

#10 Nov-19-2013 08:03:pm

Suckachsinheet

I went to a seminary of sorts (I hold a BA in Bible with a minor in Biblical Research), and I had not heard most of that. I was guessing you were drawing on Elaine Pagels and Bart Ehrman for some of it. But I can't really hold my ground in that arena, so I'll let it stand unchallenged.

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#11 Nov-19-2013 11:52:pm

Chevy

#12 Nov-20-2013 07:34:am

NanticokePiney

Suckachsinheet wrote:

I went to a seminary of sorts (I hold a BA in Bible with a minor in Biblical Research), and I had not heard most of that. I was guessing you were drawing on Elaine Pagels and Bart Ehrman for some of it. But I can't really hold my ground in that arena, so I'll let it stand unchallenged.

Neither, they are both teach New Testament  stuff. Not Middle Eastern Anthropology. Elaine is actually a very spiritual Christian, more of a follower of "Jude" (Thomas Judas) than Paul.
The ancient history stuff I know came from U.K. sources.

#13 Nov-20-2013 11:14:am

Chevy

I used to be friends with this guy,  his wife, & kids. I met them the first yr. I became a Christian. I was about 30 yrs old. I was friends with them off and on, for the next 15 yrs. I thought he was a Prophet, & it was from God's mouth to his ears. I don't think anyone could imagine, unless they got off into a cult, and then got out. He was really smart, but not as smart as I, at the time, thought he was. smile

For me, I finally came to the conclusion I was always looking for my dead brother in men, and/or relying on/putting my trust in men instead of God....

He said a lot of things that I tried to excuse, say he didn't really mean, etc. but finally one day he said: "God is satan, and satan is God.", and that was when I thought: "xxxxxx, you are going to have to make a choice."  & I did. I just told him that I believed in  absolute truth, and he and I didn't agree, I wished him well, but we were parting company. I'm still friends with their daughters, but not them.

back to your post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_the_Apostle
The Nag Hammadi copy of the Gospel of Thomas begins: "These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded." Early Syrian traditions also relate the apostle's full name as Judas Thomas.[8] Some have seen in the Acts of Thomas (written in east Syria in the early 3rd century, or perhaps as early as the first half of the 2nd century) an identification of Saint Thomas with the apostle Judas, brother of James, better known in English as Jude. However, the first sentence of the Acts follows the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles in distinguishing the apostle Thomas and the apostle Judas son of James. Few texts identify Thomas' twin. In the Book of Thomas the Contender, part of the Nag Hammadi, it is said to be Jesus himself: "Now, since it has been said that you are my twin and true companion, examine yourself…"[9]

Ac 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.

My thought is: "What happened to following Jesus Christ? smile

1co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
1co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name
1co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other
1co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect
1co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
1co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

I like this scripture verse: 1co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

I have some old cassette tapes by Jackie Pullinger. There's a set of 4, one of which is  God Uses Foolish Things by Jackie Pullinger. They're pretty amazing tapes.....

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydo … hp?cid=117

...just another perspective....smile

Board footer