Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Feb-06-2009 12:12:pm

lenape

"Lenape Blessing Ceremony...."

"Save the Date (March 15) for Lenape Blessing Ceremony

Tab will be hosting a blessing ceremony with members of the Lenape tribe during our worship time on March 15. The Lenape people inhabited this part of the continent before Europeans arrived, and local members of the Lenape nation had to go �underground� for generations to avoid persecution. They are only now beginning to come out into the open with their identity and their stories.

The idea of having Tab host a ceremony came to us from former Tab member, Ann Dapice, who is herself a member of the Lenape nation and now lives with her husband in Oklahoma. Ann and her husband will join us that weekend, and we will also be honored to have Chief Bob Red Hawk with us for the ceremony, as well as other members of the Lenape nation. Watch for more details in upcoming communications! "

http://www.tabunited.org/news.php?issue=2009_01

ah, how those "Crows" are spreading their wings...

#2 Feb-06-2009 07:29:pm

NanticokePiney

Re: "Lenape Blessing Ceremony...."

I guess that hippie Ruth will bring some of his *secret* smoking mix. yikes

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#3 Feb-06-2009 08:19:pm

lenape

maybe Mr. Potato Head will come to town!!!!  tongue

#4 Feb-06-2009 08:21:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

NanticokePiney wrote:

Piney that reminds me, did you ever get to see that video clip? With DePaul and Ruth? Gosh I'd have to search to find the link but I remember what I told you it reminded me of. neutral

#5 Feb-06-2009 08:45:pm

bls926
Administrator

They are only now beginning to come out into the open with their identity and their stories.

Yeah. stories as in fiction. Ruth and his bunch sure do get around.
Doesn't anyone realize what a liar he is?

#6 Feb-06-2009 08:48:pm

lenape

think piney got it right on target:

"Since these people are sincere in their lies they are easily believed." -NP

#7 Feb-06-2009 09:01:pm

lenape

One thing I have found, in PA non-Native people do not know much at all, anything with a bead and feather is "Indian" to them.  I have spoken to quite a few groups, when I go I bring along my big drum and a couple who drum with me because that is what they expect to see, we always do a few songs, explaining who's song it is and what it means and explaining that we don't have this in the East, every time 60-90% of the people there are shocked by this, then we get out the water drum, or rattles and do some of the social dances explaining that these are some of the songs used in the East, slowly over time I weened the big drum out, or at least down to a song or 2, usually to get their attention, and because we are usually asked to bring the drum.  At these "events" I usually set aside time to discuss current Native issues, such as Peltier, water rights, big mountain, etc..., you would be surprised how many NEVER heard of some of these issues, because they are not local issues and the are not in the common media...  There are still some folks around here that think Lenape, Nanticoke, Iroquois, etc... lived in tepees!!  yikes  So the "pan-Indian garbage that Ruth and company pass off as "Lenape" fits into what the common public think, until recent they were not speaking to "educated" crowds, and apparently even though showing up at "museums" they still are not speaking to EDUCATED crowds.

#8 Feb-06-2009 09:07:pm

bls926
Administrator

and apparently even though showing up at "museums" they still are not speaking to EDUCATED crowds.

True that! Unfortunately. neutral

#9 Feb-06-2009 09:52:pm

NanticokePiney

tree hugger wrote:

NanticokePiney wrote:

Piney that reminds me, did you ever get to see that video clip? With DePaul and Ruth? Gosh I'd have to search to find the link but I remember what I told you it reminded me of. neutral

Google- P.A Tribe Seeks State recognition, Ruth you get a article containing this:

Bob Redhawk Ruth chief of the 2,000 Lenape in P.A.

attending tribal feasts as a child with corn bread, corn on the cob , corn pudding

Who believes this crap????? yikes We're so stereotyped that anybody walks around with a feather can be an Indian. This is why I won't even own a pair of mocs.. neutral

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

Board footer