Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Nov-03-2008 07:24:pm

Ohelemapit
Website

Spell Checker

At the moment I am using mainly my right hand to type... My spelling is not good even when I have two hands, is there any way we can get a spell checker here?

Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Native American.

/pb.php?url=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/XSAS44/xsassig.gif

#2 Nov-03-2008 07:27:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Re: Spell Checker

I doubt it, tyllyn is busy having a life lol. But I'll put it on the to do list for him.

#3 Nov-03-2008 08:41:pm

Suckachsinheet

I thought we had one. I type too fast and I could swear I've been able to right click and get suggestions for misspelled words. Yeah, you can; I just checked. The misspelled word is underlined in red and a right click brings up a list of potential corrections.

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#4 Nov-03-2008 08:44:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Suckachsinheet wrote:

I thought we had one. I type too fast and I could swear I've been able to right click and get suggestions for misspelled words. Yeah, you can; I just checked. The misspelled word is underlined in red and a right click brings up a list of potential corrections.

We do? Lol, what browser are you using maybe it's an extension on it. Because I need that.

#5 Nov-03-2008 09:16:pm

lenape

I have this also...

#6 Nov-03-2008 09:18:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Are you guys using IE or Firefox? I'm starting to wonder if we have it and I don't even know it. neutral

#7 Nov-03-2008 10:12:pm

sschkaak
Website

With a nod to "lenape," for this:

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the w rod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

So...  why do we need a spell checker?

#8 Nov-03-2008 10:40:pm

bls926
Administrator

I don't know what Suckachsinheet and lenape are talking about. hmm I just tried right-clicking; lots of things come up, but not a spellcheck. I have Goggle toolbar with spellcheck and use it everyday.

#9 Nov-03-2008 11:20:pm

Suckachsinheet

tree hugger wrote:

Are you guys using IE or Firefox? I'm starting to wonder if we have it and I don't even know it. neutral

I usually use Firefox. I suppose it could be an extension of something else I have installed; a toolbar or something. Anyhow, I'm grateful for it...

#10 Nov-03-2008 11:25:pm

Suckachsinheet

I logged in with IE, and now there is no spell check. It must be a feature of Firefox or one of the extensions I have installed. Too bad for IE users...

#11 Nov-03-2008 11:49:pm

bls926
Administrator

I use IE, but I have a Google toolbar installed. Just click on the "ABC Check" on the bar and misspelled words are shown in red, one click and suggested spellings are given. Easy.

#12 Nov-04-2008 04:19:am

oldsalty

sschkaak wrote:

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the w rod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

Lov iit!! Rihgt upp mi allie!
Older Salt

#13 Nov-04-2008 08:12:am

lenape

sschkaak wrote:

LOL!
I forgot about that!

I am using firefox and have right click spell check?

Board footer