Announcement

#276 May-13-2008 03:17:pm

NanticokePiney

Re: Robert "Red Hawk" Ruth

lenape wrote:

Another misled author:

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZoAygu … &hl=en

Cute.... How do the brain dead get where they are?????? hmm

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#277 Jun-15-2008 07:59:pm

NanticokePiney

Check out the cross post on NAFPS big_smile

#278 Jun-24-2008 12:58:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

The mask has discovered the wonders of Rogaine! yikes

/pb.php?url=http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e283/woodlandindians/mask.jpg

#279 Jun-24-2008 01:01:pm

lenape

tree hugger wrote:

The mask has discovered the wonders of Rogaine! yikes

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e283/ … s/mask.jpg

Now I know what it is, silly me!!!
That is a traditional, ceremonial CHI PET, just water and watch it grow!!!!!!!!!!
tongue

**not intended as a disrespect for a REAL Mesingw**
(edited to add disclaimer...)

Last edited by lenape (Jun-24-2008 01:08:pm)

#280 Jun-24-2008 01:05:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

lol lol

#281 Jun-24-2008 04:35:pm

NanticokePiney

tree hugger wrote:

lol lol

lollollol It looks like he glued roadkill to it..............

#282 Jun-25-2008 09:29:pm

stompdancer
Visitor

The mask looks like a bad Mr Potato Head. In others words it' as fake as the asshole holding it.  Some of us do know the real ways as we are the real Lenape not these fakers. The Penn University needs to hire better educated professors and not ones on the take from fakes. Poor Bob Preucel must have gotten his degree from a death and dumb professor from the University of MARS! Does Preucel get paid for being a stupid ass? Must! What's the pay scale for professors who sell out the universities who hired them? Must be one hell of a deal to risk everything for a wannabe group of assholes. I don't think Preucel will ever get another position of trust after this scandal makes the rounds of the Penn Trustees. He's ruined and it's his own fault for being and over paid professor without a conscience. Personally I hope you lose everything and end up in the gutter where you belong. Lets see if your asshole buddies help you out. How could they? They're in just as deep as you are. None of you are worth a damn. Dr. Preucel he's as distasteful as Dr Pepper and just as cheap to make. Lets put the blame where it belongs Dr. Preucel go to hell!

Last edited by stompdancer (Jun-26-2008 12:47:am)

#283 Jun-26-2008 12:59:am

PR guy
Visitor

Lenape wrote:

The year we did ours there was one other one put on but one of the "Lenape Fractions", don't think any other, nor do I know of any other Powwows held there since, he/they may have done them in the past, I tried it there one year with what I thought was a friend, he ran it into the ground, it was all I could do to save face with the city.  When I delt with the town council on this they did not mention any other Powwow there in the past.  This was in Easton, Pa, are we talking about the same Easton??
Wanishi

Talk about confusion!  The Easton pow-wows that I am familiar with were hosted by Eagle Claw Victoria and Tom Watts.  They sold books written by Doris Riverbird  and Tom Watts.   White Panther taught Lenape Martial Arts!  This pow-wow however orginated in Hellertown, PA hosted by Eagle Claw Victoria and Danawa Bucchana.   This pow-wow was held under the auspice of Stepping Stone Alliance of Bucks County (as I understand it for their 501 c 3).  They were later kicked out of Hellertown because of fist fights .  Their pow-wow was then moved to Easton. This is when Eagle Claw Victoria teamed up with Tom Watts and later pushed Danawa out  of the group.   The Easton newspaper has printed articles about these pow-wows.  I'll see if I can dig them out later to share with you.

#284 Jun-26-2008 01:27:am

PR guy
Visitor

Lenape Wrote:

"It is amaizing how these folks think that as time goes by people will forget who they were, Ruth came along during the Lenape Lands Trust Association"

Wow! The Lenape Land Association in Bucks County, PA.  I didn't think that anyone remembered it due to the fact it closed over 28 years ago.   Many of Pennsylvania's  "Finest" seemed to be associated with that organization, such as Doris Riverbird, Bill Thompson, Dorothy Schiavone and Carla Messinger, etc.    This organization seemed to be the precurser of the wannabees today.   It didn't help that Jim Rementer paraded Nora Dean Thompson through that organization in order to establish shop for his questionable Lenape language course.

Last edited by PR guy (Jun-26-2008 01:30:am)

#285 Jun-26-2008 05:04:am

PR guy
Visitor

http://lh5.ggpht.com/PR1.Guy/SGNRSmnTrQI/AAAAAAAAAH8/b1q7m-bxc28/s400/y-mask.JPGhttp://lh5.ggpht.com/PR1.Guy/SGNVgMWxQkI/AAAAAAAAAIE/y0TecUTj63g/s800/y-posten.JPG

Before Bob Ruth possessed Mr. Potato Head, Wayne Posten had possession of it.  Wow!
(I do believe that Mr. Potato Head reflects a closer family resemblence to Posten than Ruth...check out the hair!)lol

#286 Jun-26-2008 08:41:am

sschkaak

PR guy wrote:

Lenape Wrote:

"It is amaizing how these folks think that as time goes by people will forget who they were, Ruth came along during the Lenape Lands Trust Association"

Wow! The Lenape Land Association in Bucks County, PA.  I didn't think that anyone remembered it due to the fact it closed over 28 years ago.   Many of Pennsylvania's  "Finest" seemed to be associated with that organization, such as Doris Riverbird, Bill Thompson, Dorothy Schiavone and Carla Messinger, etc.    This organization seemed to be the precurser of the wannabees today.   It didn't help that Jim Rementer paraded Nora Dean Thompson through that organization in order to establish shop for his questionable Lenape language course.

You mean "Nora Thompson Dean"?   ...Again.

#287 Jun-26-2008 10:36:am

sschkaak

"It didn't help that Jim Rementer paraded Nora Dean Thompson through that organization in order to establish shop for his questionable Lenape language course."

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever seen on these internet forums.  Mrs. Dean (NOT Mrs. "Thompson"!) was invited to Pennsylvania, by Mrs. Hollander, to help establish what was "supposed to be" an educational site on the Lenape--much like what became the Lenape exhibit at Waterloo Village, in NJ.  Mrs. Hollander, MaryEllen Flynn, and others (not the least bit interested in Wannabeism--but in accurately teaching history) were instrumental in the original Lenape Land Association.   The Association did not follow through on its original purpose, and was subsequently ignored by Mrs. Dean.  Jim Rementer didn't "parade" her "through that organization." 

Language courses, in Oklahoma, were taught by Nora Thompson Dean (NOT "Nora Dean Thompson"!) and, later, by Lucy Blalock.  And, Nora Thompson Dean (NOT "Nora Dean Thompson"!) published a short series of LENAPE LANGUAGE LESSONS (audio tapes and booklets), through *HER* business venture, Touching Leaves Indian Crafts Co., in Dewey, OK.  Jim Rementer was instrumental in recording these lessons, and establishing the current orthography used in these lessons.  He is the most capable speaker of the Southern Unami dialect of Lenape, now living, and the DELAWARE TRIBE OF INDIANS, headquartered in Bartlesville, OK, has recognized this by appointing him Director of their Lenape Language Project.  He's been a tireless worker in the preservation of the traditional Lenape culture and language for more than forty-five years.  "Questionable language course"?  Care to share what knowledge of the Lenape language YOU possess, which gives YOU the authority to make such a preposterous accusation?

#288 Jun-26-2008 11:11:am

lenape

PR guy wrote:

Talk about confusion!  The Easton pow-wows that I am familiar with were hosted by Eagle Claw Victoria and Tom Watts.  They sold books written by Doris Riverbird  and Tom Watts.   White Panther taught Lenape Martial Arts!  This pow-wow however orginated in Hellertown, PA hosted by Eagle Claw Victoria and Danawa Bucchana.   This pow-wow was held under the auspice of Stepping Stone Alliance of Bucks County (as I understand it for their 501 c 3).  They were later kicked out of Hellertown because of fist fights .  Their pow-wow was then moved to Easton. This is when Eagle Claw Victoria teamed up with Tom Watts and later pushed Danawa out  of the group.   The Easton newspaper has printed articles about these pow-wows.  I'll see if I can dig them out later to share with you.

The one that Thomas Victoria and I hosted was a seperate event than what Tom Watts did, all parties couldn't agree and decided to but heads, this is why it was a failure!

White Panther didn't "teach Lenape Martial Arts", he however did do a primitive weapons display of artifacts and replicas and demonstrated primitive war techniques that he had studied for over 30 years, if it was written up in the newspaper as "Lenape" then take that up with them, I know for a fact what he does!

Danawa had no dealings in "hosting" any of the Powwows, she provided Thomas with a tee pee....roll

The Powwow was moved from Hellertown because the town fined us for having Powwow signs up without permission, which ended up being dropped and they didn't want the event back, had NOTHING to do with any fights......roll

There is no "Stepping Stones Alliance of Bucks County", Stepping Stones was the name of our drum and the planned name of a Community Center that never came about, Thomas used the "Bucks County Indian Alliance, INC." as his 501 c3, against everyones advice!....roll

Thomas and Watts didn't team up at all, actually they fought and butted heads through the planning and proceedings of the Powwow, and as much as I know do not speak to this day because of the mess....roll

#289 Jun-26-2008 11:38:am

bls926
Administrator

lenape wrote:

PR guy wrote:

The one that Thomas Victoria and I hosted was a seperate event than what Tom Watts did, all parties couldn't agree and decided to but heads, this is why it was a failure!

White Panther didn't "teach Lenape Martial Arts", he however did do a primitive weapons display of artifacts and replicas and demonstrated primitive war techniques that he had studied for over 30 years, if it was written up in the newspaper as "Lenape" then take that up with them, I know for a fact what he does!

Danawa had no dealings in "hosting" any of the Powwows, she provided Thomas with a tee pee....roll

The Powwow was moved from Hellertown because the town fined us for having Powwow signs up without permission, which ended up being dropped and they didn't want the event back, had NOTHING to do with any fights......roll

There is no "Stepping Stones Alliance of Bucks County", Stepping Stones was the name of our drum and the planned name of a Community Center that never came about, Thomas used the "Bucks County Indian Alliance, INC." as his 501 c3, against everyones advice!....roll

Thomas and Watts didn't team up at all, actually they fought and butted heads through the planning and proceedings of the Powwow, and as much as I know do not speak to this day because of the mess....roll

Thomas "Eagle Claw" Victoria is who you were referring to in this post from April 1st?

The year we did ours there was one other one put on but one of the "Lenape Fractions", don't think any other, nor do I know of any other Powwows held there since, he/they may have done them in the past, I tried it there one year with what I thought was a friend, he ran it into the ground, it was all I could do to save face with the city.  When I delt with the town council on this they did not mention any other Powwow there in the past.  This was in Easton, Pa, are we talking about the same Easton??

Are you saying that Tom Watts wasn't involved in this powwow? From today's post:

Or was he? Kind of sounds like Watts was involved. This, from the same post you made today:

#290 Jun-26-2008 11:49:am

lenape

Watts had an event somewhere in Easton on the same day but had nothing to do with ours, he was working with the city of Easton, our was "independent" to raise money, which we ended up loosing money.  His event actually became a competitive with ours, many of the buisnesses who donated food and supplies to us mistakenly delivered it to them, it was a real mess.  This was held on the weekend of Easton's  Heritage Days so there were events all over the city, some independent and some put on by the city of Easton to draw in revenue...

"Thomas "Eagle Claw" Victoria is who you were referring to in this post from April 1st? "

Yep....roll

(edited to add)

Last edited by lenape (Jun-26-2008 11:51:am)

#291 Jun-26-2008 11:52:am

bls926
Administrator

lenape wrote:

Watts had an event somewhere in Easton on the same day but had nothing to do with ours, he was working with the city of Easton, our was "independent" to raise money, which we ended up loosing money.  His event actually became a competitive with ours, many of the buisnesses who donated food and supplies to us mistakenly delivered it to them, it was a real mess.  This was held on the weekend of Easton's  Heritage Days so there were events all over the city, some independent and some put on by the city of Easton to draw in revenue...

"Thomas "Eagle Claw" Victoria is who you were referring to in this post from April 1st? "

Yep....roll

(edited to add)

Thanks for clearing that up.

#292 Jun-26-2008 02:51:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

sschkaak wrote:

"It didn't help that Jim Rementer paraded Nora Dean Thompson through that organization in order to establish shop for his questionable Lenape language course."

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever seen on these internet forums.  Mrs. Dean (NOT Mrs. "Thompson"!) was invited to Pennsylvania, by Mrs. Hollander, to help establish what was "supposed to be" an educational site on the Lenape--much like what became the Lenape exhibit at Waterloo Village, in NJ.  Mrs. Hollander, MaryEllen Flynn, and others (not the least bit interested in Wannabeism--but in accurately teaching history) were instrumental in the original Lenape Land Association.   The Association did not follow through on its original purpose, and was subsequently ignored by Mrs. Dean.  Jim Rementer didn't "parade" her "through that organization." 

Language courses, in Oklahoma, were taught by Nora Thompson Dean (NOT "Nora Dean Thompson"!) and, later, by Lucy Blalock.  And, Nora Thompson Dean (NOT "Nora Dean Thompson"!) published a short series of LENAPE LANGUAGE LESSONS (audio tapes and booklets), through *HER* business venture, Touching Leaves Indian Crafts Co., in Dewey, OK.  Jim Rementer was instrumental in recording these lessons, and establishing the current orthography used in these lessons.  He is the most capable speaker of the Southern Unami dialect of Lenape, now living, and the DELAWARE TRIBE OF INDIANS, headquartered in Bartlesville, OK, has recognized this by appointing him Director of their Lenape Language Project.  He's been a tireless worker in the preservation of the traditional Lenape culture and language for more than forty-five years.  "Questionable language course"?  Care to share what knowledge of the Lenape language YOU possess, which gives YOU the authority to make such a preposterous accusation?

I'd like to know the answers to this too.

#293 Jun-26-2008 03:06:pm

stompdancer
Visitor

Does this mean that Bob Red Hawk Ruth and Wayne Posten are real blood brothers? Damn another strange family tree. They must be as Ruth says the mask was passed down in the family. So now we know the truth. Mr. Potato Head passed down by brothers. How Quaint!

Last edited by stompdancer (Jun-26-2008 03:07:pm)

#294 Jun-26-2008 07:00:pm

PR guy
Visitor

sschkaak wrote:

Sorry to have hit a nerve.  Pardon meÖ. Nora Thompson Dean.

Now, letís get to the real issue at hand.     Lenape Language. 
What you and I are dealing with are different opinions and resources.
You are clearly friends with Jim Rementer.    I am not.
I know the true origin of Rementerís Language program that your friends claim otherwise.
There comes a time when friendship must be separated from fact.

Rementer claims that his program is authentic Lenape.  However, if Rementer ever comes clean and says honestly where he obtained his language information, you will find that it contains very little Lenape and is mixed with several different combined Indian languages.  If this is not true, then why have members of the Delaware Nation of OK given sworn statements.

So I would have to say that through simple deduction that the purest of the Lenape language is in Canada.

However, according to Shelley DePaul, she has the true Lenape language program which I think is interesting because it is a derivative of Rementerís program with the help of Bruce Stonefish. 
For your information the Chief of Bruce Stonefish has denounced what Bruce has done in the US, Lenape or otherwise.  When the Univ of PA did this language symposium, the University of PA, along with Stonefish and DePaul, openly insulted the Delaware Nation in Canada.  Bruce Stonefishís tribe will deal with him directly on this and other issues.  Dealing with the reputability at hand of all those connected with the University of PA, and that does include Rementer, I find it interesting that Richard A. Grounds is not a current staff member of University of Tulsa as claimed in Newspapers and Brochures disturbed by University of PA.  It brings to question what else is not correct.  So selling language for profit seems to be a common thread.  Regardless of where it comes from or how authentic it is.

If more people would do their homework regarding these groups we wouldnít have so many problems.

You can be upset over this. However, how do you think the real Indians feel, and Iím not speaking of the white chiefs?

#295 Jun-26-2008 07:04:pm

NanticokePiney

I know where I saw that thing. It was the little guy with the steak knife in "Trilogy of Terror".......
  Whew! That movie scared the shit outta me when I was a little kid in the 70s. yikes

#296 Jun-26-2008 08:27:pm

stompdancer
Visitor

Frankly I think it's better looking than Ruth. Anything to cover up life's misfortune. They are so gross.

#297 Jun-26-2008 08:48:pm

sschkaak

PR Guy writes:

"Now, letís get to the real issue at hand.     Lenape Language. 
What you and I are dealing with are different opinions and resources."

Yes.  My opinions are the result of a quarter-century of studying the Lenape language, and yours are formed by believing liars.

"I know the true origin of Rementerís Language program..."

You know as much about this as you know about the Lenape language:  NEXT TO NOTHING.

"Rementer claims that his program is authentic Lenape.  However, if Rementer ever comes clean and says honestly where he obtained his language information, you will find that it contains very little Lenape and is mixed with several different combined Indian languages.  If this is not true, then why have members of the Delaware Nation of OK given sworn statements."

'Sworn statements'?  To who?  This is just about the silliest, most infantile thing I've read in a long, long time.  Have your supposed "Delaware Nation of OK" friends produce some examples of what they're talking about, or I'll take this (as I hope everyone else here will) for what it's worth:  LESS THAN NOTHING.

"So I would have to say that through simple deduction that the purest of the Lenape language is in Canada."

'Simple' is just the right word for your 'deduction.'

"...selling language for profit seems to be a common thread.  Regardless of where it comes from or how authentic it is."

'Selling language for profit.'  You're kidding, right?  I've got three books published and SOLD by the Delaware Nation of OK.  And, their expensive language tapes are sold for profit!  Are these the same folks accusing others?  Or, is that just your little wrinkle to this? 

#298 Jun-26-2008 09:32:pm

PR guy
Visitor

I didn't come on here to argue with you, just present facts.  I have direct dealing with Anadarko and I know what is really going on.  So tell me, who do you have direct dealing with?

#299 Jun-26-2008 10:09:pm

NanticokePiney

* Blows whistle*

Off topic boys. Duke it out with your PM function. This thread is about  Bob the idiot who needs a village. Attack him, not each other.

wink

edit: smile

Last edited by NanticokePiney (Jun-26-2008 10:10:pm)

#300 Jun-26-2008 10:13:pm

sschkaak

I had "direct dealing" with Nora Thompson Dean of Dewey, OK; Emily Johnson of Bothwell, Ontario; and Richard Snake of Moraviantown (all fluent speakers of Delaware).  Now, I'm calling your bluff.  Why don't you invite your sources on here to repeat their B.S.  to me.  We'll converse in Lenape, only, of course.  Good luck with that.

Board footer