You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Jun-21-2016 06:54:pm

Chevy

road block in genealogy

Rebecca Stevens
Birth Abt. 1830 in Kentucky, USA
Death in Bath County, Kentucky, USA .

^^^this is my G. G. G. Grandmother. I wish I could find who her parents was, especially her Mother, and how she and Lucy were related.

In some way she was related to Lucy Stephens who married Adam Palone (enrolled Cherokee)

Adam Palone, Cherokee, b. 1800, married Lucy Stephens, b. 1810

"Looking for a Stephens that was born around 1780, do not know wife's name they both died before 1851 in IT,OK.Had four children, Jess Stephens born around 1810, who married a Malinda Roach, Lucy Stephens born around 1812, married John Griffith Harnage, another sister- Stephens born around 1814, who married John Palone, and Mary Stephens who was born around 1816. Jess Stephens and Malinda Roach had one child, Spencer Seago Stephens born 1837 in Flint Dist,CN."

http://saponitown.com/forum/showthread. … 8-Stephens
Searching for parents of Spencer Seago Stephens
He was born on the Trail of tears and orphaned as a young child.
He didnt know his exact birth date of year. He guessed it to be in 1838
Spencer wrote in his application for the final roll that he was the only child of Jess Stephens , a full blood Cherokee, and Melinda Roach.a white woman. His father Jess was suppose to have had two sisters, Mary Stephens and Lucy Stephens
I have no ideal what area they came from before the trail of Tears. He spent his live in Cherokee Nation, OK. As a small child her grew up in GoingSnake , IT,
Hoping that maybe someone has come across this line of Stephens in their search.
Stephens
Searching for parents of Spencer Seago Stephens He was born on the Trail of tears and orphaned as a young child. He didnt know his exact birth date of year. He guessed it to be in 1838 Spencer wrote in his application for the final roll that he was the only child of Jess Stephens , a full blood Cherů

Notes for SPENCER SEAGO STEPHENS:
1906 Miller application #2376;"I am the only child of Malinda Stephens [nee Roach] and Jess Stephens.John Harnage was my guardian after my parents died.He drew my emigrant money in 1851."My note:Spencer was orphaned as a child and raised by John Griffith Harnage who had married Spencer's aunt Lucy

#2 Oct-23-2016 05:40:pm

NeoPaleo
Visitor

Re: road block in genealogy

I am not implying anything but I learned a new to me issue in genealogy, it is called pedigree collapse. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedigree_collapse

What color corn do you grow?

Board footer