Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Jun-04-2015 10:52:pm

NanticokePiney

Achieving Peace of Mind-Monique Wilson

http://www.achievingpeaceofmind.com/

I love the certifications. None of them actually medical. I would also like to know who taught her the sweat and I hope it wasn't James Earl Ray

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#2 Jun-07-2015 10:30:am

NanticokePiney

Re: Achieving Peace of Mind-Monique Wilson

Here she claims to be a First Nations healer but the Haud do not use the medicine wheel and neither do the Cree.

Because I am a First Nations healer, some of these tools may be unfamiliar to you.  So, just a brief description of how I approach the Healing Arts.  I believe in healing on all points of the Medicine Wheel, that is: Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual.  According to my beliefs, to be in line with them?  I trained in methods of healing that address all fours of these points.

http://www.achievingpeaceofmind.com/tra … ling-tools

Last edited by NanticokePiney (Jun-07-2015 10:31:am)

#3 Jun-07-2015 10:37:am

NanticokePiney

Here she says she has a "strong connection" with her ancestors which means in plain English she is not affiliated or claimed by any tribe. At least not that I can find out.

My ancestry is Irish, French, Haudenosaunee (Iroquois/Mohawk) and Cree.  I have a strong connection to my Ancestors, and I am able to integrate Indigenous knowledge and Teachings into my healing practice.  In many Indigenous Traditions to Turtle Island, there are four levels of balance to maintain to create strong health.  These four points are the Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual.

http://www.achievingpeaceofmind.com/the-healer

#4 Jun-07-2015 10:51:am

NanticokePiney

Her initial "shamanistic teacher" Michael Harner is white and little more than a cult leader ripping off tribes and cultures everywhere.

Contemporary Shamanism is the study of shamanic practices from all over the world.  It was brought to the western world by anthropologists.  Michael & Sandra Harner were my original Teachers of this practice. Since then I have had the honor to receive instruction from:  Rick Gossett, Betsy Bergstrom, Jan Engels-Smith, Christina Pratt, Tom Cowen…and many more powerful practitioners.  I have done extensive training with Rick Gossett & Betsy Bergstrom.  I have had opportunity to learn Buddhist Shamanic Ceremony from Lamma Wangdu, and to participate in many Ceremonies throughout the Pacific Northwest.   I have been trained to do Soul Retrievals, Power Animal Retrievals, Journeys for Healing Instruction, Energy Removal & Extractions, Compassionate Spirit Removal, Removal of Negative Thoughtforms & Curse Energy, Helping Spirits Cross, Dream Interpretation, Channelling. I do any work that Spirit guides me to do in this way.  I am skilled at taking direction from Spirit, and have a strong & loving connection to my Guides, Spirit Helpers, and to my Ancestors.  Nia:wen’ko:wa~   (Much Gratitude)

http://www.achievingpeaceofmind.com/tra … /shamanism

I will be looking up the others when I get a chance

#5 Jun-07-2015 10:56:am

NanticokePiney

White Shamans and Plastic Medicine Men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19JAMhAzXms

#6 Jun-08-2015 03:32:pm

NanticokePiney

Her "shamanistic teachers" are all white and practioners of "Core Shamanism" which are more cult like than "traditonal" and it's Tom Cowan not Tom Cowen so I wonder if she ever took his class.

#7 Jun-08-2015 10:10:pm

Suckachsinheet

Wouldn't the use of the word "shaman", a term not used by any of her declared ancestors, be enough to deny credibility to the rest of her pitch? roll

Last edited by Suckachsinheet (Jun-08-2015 10:41:pm)

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#8 Jun-09-2015 08:10:am

NanticokePiney

Suckachsinheet wrote:

Wouldn't the use of the word "shaman", a term not used by any of her declared ancestors, be enough to deny credibility to the rest of her pitch? roll

Pretty much, especially since they are all white "shamans".

#9 Jun-09-2015 11:40:pm

Suckachsinheet

It always strikes me as curious that people of this type think that a scatter-gun approach to spirituality and healing somehow improves on spiritual systems that have developed over thousands of years. Much as modern medicine has become enamored of the broad-spectrum antibiotic, modern shamanism has become enamored of broad-spectrum spirituality, as if spiritual harmony is better attained through a mix and match approach to all the spiritual systems of the world. It is not logically possible to maintain that "all roads lead to God" since many world religions claim exclusivity or are theologically inconsistent with others. And yet these people insist on their mix and match methodology.

Last edited by Suckachsinheet (Jun-09-2015 11:42:pm)

It's in the blood; I can't let go. - Robbie Robertson

#10 Jun-10-2015 11:34:am

NanticokePiney

Suckachsinheet wrote:

It always strikes me as curious that people of this type think that a scatter-gun approach to spirituality and healing somehow improves on spiritual systems that have developed over thousands of years. Much as modern medicine has become enamored of the broad-spectrum antibiotic, modern shamanism has become enamored of broad-spectrum spirituality, as if spiritual harmony is better attained through a mix and match approach to all the spiritual systems of the world. It is not logically possible to maintain that "all roads lead to God" since many world religions claim exclusivity or are theologically inconsistent with others. And yet these people insist on their mix and match methodology.

Very good point Paul!

Or just make crap up like many practitioners of "core shamanism" do. Wayandaga mixed and it made my head spin. He was practicing Tantric (sex) magic in sweat lodges but that is actually against the real Lenape belief that sweats should be segregated so powers didn't clash and that they were personal and private and not community affairs.

#11 Jun-14-2015 02:09:pm

NanticokePiney

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kokums-D … 5404538479

roll   Changing the name doesn't change the person or the fraud committed.....

Board footer