Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Jul-07-2014 01:37:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Re: Documentary Evidence on the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania.

BTW, don't let my silence fool you. wink

#27 Jul-08-2014 01:33:pm

NanticokePiney

tree hugger wrote:

BTW, don't let my silence fool you. wink

big_smile

I don't have anger issues...just violent reactions to B.S.
---------------------------------------------------
      Warning:  Some Profanity
This might cause you to experience reason

#28 Jul-08-2014 02:45:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

While we're waiting, could you folks also chime in on why/how you held a Gamwing and Feast of the Dead ceremony last year?

You have thus far not provided a lick of information on who or what your "Nation" is.

I am almost certain I know where you learned these from, but folks in Oklahoma would be interested in why you're doing this as well.

I really am trying to be fair and get this over with once and for all.

I am always open for a dialogue with any members, again the chat link up there does not record ips or real names.

ETA: What is a "meesingw" ceremony?

#29 Jul-11-2014 08:31:am

sschkaak
Website

One month and counting.  Maybe, we should send them a personal e-mail inviting them to share their evidence, here?  Just to make sure they're aware of our willingness to learn.

#30 Jul-11-2014 08:32:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

sschkaak wrote:

One month and counting.  Maybe, we should send them a personal e-mail inviting them to share their evidence, here?  Just to make sure they're aware of our willingness to learn.

Good idea, but I doubt they'd open one from me. You up for it?

#31 Jul-11-2014 08:41:am

sschkaak
Website

Sure.  I've had e-communications (e-mail or forum exchanges) with some of them (Phil Rice, Bob Ruth, Jim Beer, Shelley DePaul, Ann Dapice) in the past.  I've even had pleasant conversations with Phil Rice, on the phone.  I doubt they've really "enjoyed" my subsequent criticisms of many of their activities--but, evidence of their Lenape ancestry would render "some" of that criticism null and void.  We'll see.

Last edited by sschkaak (Jul-11-2014 01:31:pm)

#32 Jul-11-2014 08:47:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

Great, and this offer still stands.

tree hugger wrote:

Sigh. I was really hoping that we could clear this up.

If any LNP members would like to address this, I'll make a deal.

When the documentary evidence is up then I will take care of the threads that have questioned your validity.

#33 Jul-11-2014 10:46:am

sschkaak
Website

Here it is.  The main addressee is their "Family History/Genealogy" person.

Raymond Whritenour

10:39 AM

To: sherri.labar@gmail.com

Cc: depaul@ptd.net, bbrth@sbcglobal.net

Dear LNP members:

My name is Ray Whritenour and I am a student of Lenape language, culture and history, who posts on these subjects, primarily at Woodland Indians Forum, these days.  As you almost certainly know, your legitimacy as Lenape Indians has been questioned, at that forum and elsewhere, many times.  This is chiefly due to the fact that no documentary evidence has ever been made public, either by you or by independent researchers, supporting your claims to this ancestry.  Claims to this heritage, by others (members of six federally recognized tribes in the United States and Canada; Delawares of Kansas; Delawares in Idaho; Ramapough, Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape and Sand Hill Indians in New Jersey) have all been backed by documentary evidence.  And, those with this evidence have been willing--even eager--to share it with the non-Indian community.  It is, quite frankly, a source of pride to those with whom I am familiar. 

The administrator of the Woodland Indians Forum has offered to take care of any of the negative posts at that forum, regarding your ancestry--and I, myself, am very keen to accept you as Lenape Indian descendants, should the evidence come forth.  We would very much like to put this matter to rest.

Some of you may know, that I had a tradition of Cherokee ancestry in my family.  It was avowed to many times.  I have spent much time and expense looking for documentary evidence of this ancestry, and it has proved a fool's errand.  But, today, DNA testing can easily provide evidence (even proof) of American Indian ancestry, for a reasonable price.  FamilyTreeDNA, for instance, offers an autosomal DNA test which tests almost 300,000 genetic markers in each individual; and the "Population Finder" portion of this test can show, beyond doubt, whether or not one has American Indian ancestry.  (Mine shows 100% European.)  If some of you cannot provide traditional genealogical evidence of American Indian ancestry, then this testing will do it.  Perhaps, some of you already have this type of evidence.  I would encourage you to provide that, in lieu of documentary evidence. 

In any case, we think it's time to get an answer.  "Pleading the 5th" is no longer acceptable.  Please help us to answer this question.

Ray Whritenour
LENAPE TEXTS & STUDIES

P.S. - While this evidence is sorely needed, I must still reserve the right to critique any linguistic, cultural or historical statements made by your members or any other human beings on this planet.

#34 Jul-11-2014 11:14:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

Perfect! smile

#35 Jul-11-2014 11:40:am

NanticokePiney

sschkaak wrote:

I must still reserve the right to critique any linguistic, cultural or historical statements made by your members or any other human beings on this planet.

Boy! do I know that... yikes

lol Awesome Ray!

#36 Jul-14-2014 09:36:am

sschkaak
Website

Philadelphia Inquirer, November 4, 1999

A VALLEY FORGE EVENT EXPLORES INDIANS' ROLE IN REVOLUTIONARY WAR \ THEY FOUGHT ON BOTH SIDES. IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA, THE LENAPE SIDED WITH WASHINGTON'S ARMY

American Indians were not bystanders during the Revolutionary War. They fought on both sides of the conflict, occasionally rising through the ranks of the army or militia to become commissioned officers.

In the Philadelphia area, the most prominent American Indian nation was the Lenape, and its members often chose to fight for the Continental Army - mostly because they had developed friendly relationships with many of the Quaker settlers.``We lived for a generation in peace with them,'' said Robert Ruth, an East Norriton resident and a Lenape

Ruth, 47, and four other Lenape (pronounced Le-NAAP-ee) will speak at a program titled ``Native Americans in the American Revolution'' at 2 p.m. Sunday at Valley Forge National Historical Park. They also will perform dance and drum ceremonies.

Ruth said in a telephone interview that one of his ancestors, Redhawk, was killed by the British at Point Pleasant as he tried to warn a colonial garrison of an impending attack.

Other Lenape also had prominent roles in the war, Ruth said. Simon Simon was an aide to Gen. George Washington. Bald Eagle and Jed Chilloway were scouts. Little Turtle was made a captain. Records show he also received a gift of pistols from a Polish general.

Some American Indians chose not to take part in the war, moving westward toward Ohio or fleeing to Canada with missionaries, Ruth said. Those who stayed and fought did so because they believed they could stop colonial expansion and protect their lands, he said.

For instance, Ruth said, the Lenape struck an agreement with the colonial government that promised the Indians territory in what is now Ohio in exchange for Indian military support. That treaty, like so many others, was promptly broken, he said.

Ruth, who runs his own recycling business, grew up on a family farm in Montgomery County, where he learned farming, hunting and trapping.

"We have a strong history here,'' he said, noting that his father helped build the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Ruth said that he participated in many programs at schools, parks, museums and churches to educate people about the role of American Indians in the history of the Philadelphia area, where the names of communities such as Lenape, Conshohocken and Manayunk are a reminder of the influence of the first Americans.

"I wish it was taught more in schools,'' he said.

IF YOU GO:  "Native Americans in the American Revolution'' is set for 2 p.m. Sunday at Valley Forge National Historical Park, Route 23, Valley Forge. Those attending should meet at Muhlenberg Brigade (Tour Stop 2). The program is free.

#37 Jul-17-2014 12:46:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

Nothing folks? Sigh.

#38 Jul-17-2014 12:58:pm

sschkaak
Website

Perhaps, they're preparing a thorough report for us, and, maybe, it might take a few more days?   neutral

#39 Jul-17-2014 01:11:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

sschkaak wrote:

Perhaps, they're preparing a thorough report for us, and, maybe, it might take a few more days?   neutral

neutral

#40 Jul-17-2014 01:40:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

http://woodlandindians.org/forums/viewt … 81&p=3

Tree Beard wrote:

I have read a lot of interesting things said about UELN on this site. Anyone interested in the truth of the matter may contact me, I have letters to prove everything I say. Our Big Horn Lenape joined with Chief Gray Wolf in the early 1980's. After awhile, especially after his marriage to Cindy Gray Wolf, a lot of trouble ensued with her as the cause. We broke off all relations with the Gray Wolf's at that time and he was dehorned as Head Chief of Our Nation. Then he formed another UELN group with Robert Shrewsbury as Chief and he was dehorned by these people! He had no business forming anything  after being dehorned by Our Council! Our Big Horn Nation was doing all of the UELN applications and paperwork and running all of their dealings with native prisoners before his removal as Head Chief.
     Then, as if this wasn't enough fraudulence, he really started to be involved with a lot of bad eggs, and suckering more people into the UELN, which was actually defunct. My own personal opinion is that anyone in UELN is not bonafide anything! This later UELN/ present organization has been formed by Gray Wolf and others when he was dehorned! Although I do not agree with their validity, I do have some friends in their organization. They need all the help they can get. I say we all need to quit bickering, name calling, slandering(as many have done to me, i.e. calling me "testicles on a stick") We need to work together, and stand each other up well, correcting each other where need be with kind words and good hearts. Our goal should be to bring back Lenape culture, language and spiritual traditions for the future generations. UELN, and others that we may not agree with are not going away. All we can try to do is to correct them when they are wrong.
     In recent years, my name has been pulled through the mud, by Kraft, Whritenour and others. Recently, I have been urged to file lawsuits where need be, and I may yet consider doing so. If you haven't the courage to face me, then  don't speak ill of me and with words that betray your ignorance! Come to one of our Councils and when you spout off as you often do in this Forum, don't be surprised when Grandfather, our Elder & Chief reprimands you and lets the air out of one of your swelled heads. As one of our Elder Women has put it, some of these people who have diarrhea of the mouth need to be taken out behind the woodshed! They need to grow up and learn humility.
     Next time one of you so-called true Lenapes feels the need to bad mouth someone, I challenge you: have some courage, confront the person and show them how it is they are wrong, come down to Earth, maybe present them with facts as you know it.
    A good example is my good brother Bob Ruth "RedHawk". Do many of you know that he is Big Horn  Lenape? I'm looking at his application as I write. You have a problem with him, face him. Quit hiding behind this Internet Forum, thinking you can say anything you wish to and about others. Remember the Old Teaching of Respect!
     I challenge any of you to prove to me that my name, Hitakonanoolaxk/Treebeard, means testicles on a stick! Would you not be just a little angry if you were in my shoes? Second, has anyone ever thought to ask me how I came to be called thus?

Hitakonanoolaxk/ Treebeard (Medicine Man, Big horn Lenape Nation)

A good example is my good brother Bob Ruth "RedHawk". Do many of you know that he is Big Horn  Lenape? I'm looking at his application as I write. You have a problem with him, face him. Quit hiding behind this Internet Forum, thinking you can say anything you wish to and about others. Remember the Old Teaching of Respect!

Well since the infamous Treebeard is here daily and so is the LNP, then why don't you tell us a bit more about this?

Sorry for the messy quote but I just wanted to show the whole aura around this...ohhhhmmm

#41 Jul-18-2014 09:56:am

sschkaak
Website

I found this old post, from an anonymous LNP member, at the NAFPS forum (August 21, 2005), under the topic, "Quinnipiac Renapi."  I've highlighted its relevance to this thread.

Name withheld-
Doris aligns herself to Tom Big Warrior who is the biggest twinkie I ever seen. He has a big mouth, no respect. He claims to be Chief of RedHeart Warrior Society which is made up of prisoners in the jails, he also claims to be the History Keeper of Eastern Lenape Nation??? This guy is also in cohoots with Chief Billy Blue Feather or whatever he calls himself they are out of Conn. and are the ones who adopt whether you can be there or not, I think you had the link acqtc .com These people are bad news, they come down as guests of Tom Big Warrior and throw this area in turmoil. How? Lenape Nation of Pa. is envolved with the city of Easton to get a monument put up by the city to honor our ancestors. Tom decides to get these Conn. people involed and run the thing. We walked out of meetings with the city and Tom. The town has since seen that they realized they made a mistake and asked us to come back without Tom or the Conn. people. These are the same people who put on a dance called the Lenape buffalo dance, and also Lenape style martial arts???  Never heard that one before.

Little Soldier is another, this guy is completly unhinged he may go to the powwows around here and hang with Tom Big Warrior but he is NOTHING at all to Lenape Nation of Penna.

There has been a big push to distance ourselves from the wantabees, adoptees who were adopted by adoptees. At one time 20 years or more ago people were being adopted by 2 Chiefs from other tribes who seemed like it was who could adopt the most on any given day. And now today we have to deal with all these people who thinks its cool to be native.  That is why to be a member of Lenape Nation of Penna. you have to have proof of your geneology back to a ancestor. We don't go by blood quatum, thats something the europeans imposed on native people. We have started a language program, we have some elders who have been taught Southern Unami and our program is based on that.

I could never understand why some of  the western people can not accept the decendants of those who stayed behind. Our Nation does have ties with some tribal leaders in Okla. and Canada as well as Wisconcin. But they  too play a game of politics and why its that way I don't understand. When I was fairly new to all this I wrote a letter to one of the tribes out west and for once I got a response back. I asked why is it it seems like we are outcasts to our own people. I was told in a polite way that they accept us as we're all related. There was more along this line but I can't remember.....

Twinkies, New Agers, Etc: I really believe these people are lost. They not only don't know who or what they are but I have seen some real oddballs. I've come to think of them as people who re-enact and really do think they are cool or something. I don't know........When I see them at a powwow and they try talking to me I keep moving. Alot of people do the same.

#42 Jul-18-2014 03:03:pm

sschkaak
Website

From message 87 on the "Invisible Indians in PA" thread, on watching the TV interview with Minderhout:

"The most important thing I heard Minderhout say was that their informants usually claimed a great great grandmother or great great great grandmother who was Lenape (or Susquehannock); and, that they'd say to him and Frantz, 'Here's the proof'--apparently, showing a family tree or something.  (He wasn't clear on what constituted that 'proof.')"

(Just trying to exhibit all we can find on this topic, in this place, in lieu of a response from LNP members.)

#43 Jul-18-2014 03:19:pm

tree hugger
Site Admin

sschkaak wrote:

From message 87 on the "Invisible Indians in PA" thread, on watching the TV interview with Minderhout:

"The most important thing I heard Minderhout say was that their informants usually claimed a great great grandmother or great great great grandmother who was Lenape (or Susquehannock); and, that they'd say to him and Frantz, 'Here's the proof'--apparently, showing a family tree or something.  (He wasn't clear on what constituted that 'proof.')"

(Just trying to exhibit all we can find on this topic, in this place, in lieu of a response from LNP members.)

Thank you. I've been trying to be patient but I'm afraid their silence speaks volumes right now.

#44 Jul-18-2014 08:24:pm

NanticokePiney

sschkaak wrote:

Which isn't much.........none of it supporting their claims either........

#45 Jul-19-2014 01:14:am

sschkaak
Website

Right now, I'm just trying to list the claims.

#46 Jul-19-2014 01:37:am

sschkaak
Website

sschkaak wrote:

Here's the thing:  The four claims I'm aware of go back even further than this.  One LNP member claims descent from someone born in 1700.  Another from one born in 1753.  One from a man supposedly active during the Revolutionary War.  The last from a similarly distant ancestor.  All these purported ancestors must be at least great-great-great-great-great grandparents, and possibly 6 or 7 "greats."  Assuming that these particular ancestors were all full-bloods (and who knows?), then we're looking at descendants who are no more than 1/128 or 1/256 Lenape Indian, at most.  (Since these ancestors are the only ones they claim, we can only presume they have no others.)  An Indian BQ this low would be too low to detect, above the level of statistical noise, even with the most advanced autosomal DNA test available today. 1/128 is less than 1%! What this means is that evidence for the validity of these claims must come from traditional genealogical documentation--unless someone has an Indian ancestor on the DIRECT male or female line, in which case Y-DNA or mtDNA testing would show this. (None of these four do.)  Now, this applies only to these four claims that I have heard or seen.  For other LNP members, DNA testing might be more helpful.  But, let's see the documentation.

Last edited by sschkaak (Jul-19-2014 08:59:am)

#47 Jul-19-2014 09:28:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

FWIW Jane Quick statement from 2008
--------------------------------------------

My name is Jane Quick I’m a seventy nine year old survivor of elderly fraud. I thought when I gave my farm to a group The Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania I was helping Indians. By giving them the farm to call home I was restoring land to them. They claimed all of their ancient lands had been stolen more than a hundred years before. I felt I was giving back to Indians for the injustices of the past. The group had told me on several occasions they would tend to the land and help care for my beloved farm. My health was not as good as it had been and I thought these people were the answer I had been searching for. My family wanted to sell the farm to developers and I was and am against developers taking the land. I had always intended the farm remain a working farm not be turned into another housing development. My mother had asked that the farm never be turned over to developers and I promised it would not. 

On August 10, 2005 I did a Deed of Gift to TRI-STATE UNITY COALITION a nonprofit.  I was told by Jim Beer of the Lenape Nation that TRI-State had to be used because of a pending law suit against the tribe, but the Lenape Nation of PA and Tri-State were one in the same. On the day of the deed transfer Chief Chuck Gentlemoon DeMund told Jim Beer that Jim would have to sign the documents because DeMund was involved in the law suit. Members of the Lenape Nation were present Bob Skelton of Bethlehem, PA, Stacy Beer of Sellersville PA, and Ellen Rolph of Effort, PA and not one of them said anything about Jim Beer having been appointed to the TRI-STATE UNITY COALATION Board of Directors as of June 2005 five months before the farm was supposedly given to the Lenape Nation of PA. Before the deed transfer Jim Beer was at the farm several times and after the transfer he was rarely at the farm. All the promises he and the others had made were broken. The farm fell into hard times because they failed to keep their word. My health had failed which kept me from doing what needed to be done on the farm. On one of the rare occasions when Jim Beer came to the farm, I told him I was feeling better as I had found a good doctor who had helped me. Jim replied “That’s too bad I hate to hear that.” with a smug grin. This statement is what alerted me about the swindle of my farm. All the words and all the promises were said to get the farm and had no substance to them. I had been scammed by liars, cheats, thieves and con artist.

The farm is a multimillion dollar piece of property located in the Poconos.  Perry A Gower one of the main people behind TRI-STATE UNITY COALITION as far as I know has never stepped foot on the farm and has never made any personal contact with me. I realize they think they were able to take advantage of an old lady. The contract of the deed has been violated several times and it is apparent none of the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania, have any authentic Indian blood lines. A phone call to the Department of Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs would have saved me any involvement with these liars. They applied several years ago to the Bureau of Indian Affairs and were turned down for not having any family histories. They lied about everything and they stole my farm by deceit. They think of me as an old woman incapable of fighting them, but they are very wrong. Now I find out that the Lenape were not in this area. That means DeMund lied to me about us having a direct family link through our grandmothers. Everything they said was a lie and just to get the land.

The actions of TRI-STATE UNITY COALITION appointing Jim Beer to the board of directors brings into question why they wanted an unemployed house painter sitting there with all of the professionals including a doctor. Only one thing made them name him to the board…the farm. He and his fraudulent group had the farm sewed up and Beer was greedy enough to make deals behind my back to give the farm to who I now believe are part of a land developing scam. Neither of these two groups ever touched the farm as far as any work. The deed contract clearly states the farm is to be maintained as a farm. In October 2007 some members of the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania came to the farm. They seemed somewhat nervous and not very talkative and began doing some strange things. They broke out and upstairs window of the farm house and threw my belongings outside into a dumpster. They ripped up carpet and flooring from the downstairs and upstairs and threw it away. I had left the house in tack because they said they would use it. I never gave them my personal belongings and they had no right to throw it away or tear it up. They tried to destroy the old farm house. The deed contract, said to repair the buildings not destroy them. They threw away furniture, lumber, doors, flooring and items used in repairing structures. They were supposed to have roofed the house. They had received roofing supplies from a local lumber yard and the donation was taken away after the group made no attempt to do the repairs. I roofed the house to keep the weather from ruining it. Their lack of ingenuity shows their goal was to get the farm and then do nothing while they waited for me to die.     

There were fires intentionally set on the farm near structures. Which group had fire insurance on my farm? Knowing now what I know I feel they wanted to burn my farm to get rid of them having to care for it as stated in the deed. They had no intention of ever caring for the farm as contractually agreed. The deal was under the table between these two groups and they felt they could stall me until I died without ever finding out the truth. This is all about greed and the farm land.

Why are The University of Pennsylvania, East Stroudsburg University, Bloomsburg University and Villanova University involved with the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania? Dr. Timothy B. Powell Senior Research Scientist, American Section, Penn Museum, and Director for Native American Studies is now collaborating with members of the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania to archive historical documents, to protect scared sites, and to enhance language programs designed by the tribe. Why would The University of Pennsylvania want to collaborate with any bogus group and change history into fiction? I thought universities sought to protect our history not change it to fiction. How can any of this benefit the students? The University of Pennsylvania Schools of Nursing and Medicine and the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania held this, “Summit on American Indian Health Care”. What funding was behind this? What a waste of time and money.  East Stroudsburg University has allowed this group to give advice to students on Lenape history and customs. These were people passed off as authentic. Lesilee Atonette seems to be the contact person listed. Bloomsburg University has David Minderhout trying to obtain legal recognition for Native Americans in Pennsylvania. Why does Minderhout want to give recognition to these fakes? Villanova University has a contact person of Robin Hoose at the Trading Post on the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania web site. Villanova is helping sell fake American Indian items passed off as Authentic.     

I know I was taken in by these fakes, but I have a real problem with these schools being involved with them and parading these fakes around as real Indians. Many people from these schools came to my farm and went along with all the lies and deceit. Why are these schools allowing this fraud to infiltrate their schools? The students will surely be affected by the actions of these professors and that cannot be good for the school or the students. The Lenape group said these schools are going to help them attain grants and had helped them with some already. They were always talking about these grants and I was suspicious.  Were the grants for American Indians or these fakes? They are helping these people create a tribe without being Indian. Why? The Department of Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs refers to federal laws regarding Inventing or re-venting American Indian tribes. It is against federal law so why are these Universities allowing their professors to help these people break federal law? All tax payers of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania deserve and answer. I don’t want my taxes supporting this kind of fraud. When people from these schools came to the farm they gave the so-called tribe validity. It became very apparent that these schools were being used in this fraud.

Shelley DePaul member of the Lenape Nation of PA was running interference for the group. Someone had come forward disputing the group as being Indian. The mayor of Hawley and the Delaware Highlands Conservancy were called and given information and phone numbers. The fakes were called instead. Several phone calls were made and every time they were stopped by DePaul. These phone calls were made over a three year period. DePaul said the caller was crazy and a trouble maker. Let me set the record straight this person was telling the truth and if people had used the phone numbers given to them they would have found out it was DePaul who had been untruthful. 

In November 2007 the Lenape Nation of PA held a council meeting at the farm house. Bob Red Hawk Ruth, Shelly DePaul, Cinnamon Alvin, Carol Kuhn, Marie Camon, Donald Rapsher, and university students were present plus some people I did not know. A man known to me came to the meeting in street clothes and is a Pennsylvania State Trooper. After he had been there for a while they asked who he was and what he wanted. He said “I’m a Pennsylvania State Trooper looking out for Jane’s best interest and making sure she is okay.” as he took out his business card stating he is a criminal investigator. The look on their faces was anything except glad to see him. They lost their voices and couldn’t speak and I don’t think it was medical. These were the palest Indians I had ever seen. Chief Bob Red Hawk Ruth was the most subdued I had ever seen him. They haven’t been back since. To my delight and relief the trooper is still looking out for my best interest.       

The Internal Revenue Service has sent me a letter concerning the farm. They sent it to me when the deed was changed over two years ago.  I may be elderly, but I do know to file my taxes and to claim everything and especially something as large as a farm. I can never remember a time when my taxes were ever late or not paid and my tax records are together and truthful.

My concern is for the grade school children and the schools who have allowed these groups to enter the schools as Indians. The groups do programs as factual and historical when in fact they are defrauding the schools. One of these groups with several ex convicts as members go into class rooms as Indians. They use bogus Indian names and enter the classrooms as teachers of Indian culture. This needs to be stopped before something tragic happens to our children.   

As a tax payer and a lifelong resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, I am asking The Attorney General of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania State Police, and the AARP open investigations into the scam perpetrated against me a senior citizen by the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania and TRI-STATE UNITY COALITION. 

The United States Attorney in Philadelphia, The United States Postal Service, The Federal Bureau of Investigation, and The Bureau of Indian Affairs and The Department of Internal Revenue Service should open their own investigations. TRI-STATE UNITY COALITION claims three states make up their group.

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Legislature should pass laws to keep the bogus Lenape groups or any groups from existing and doing fraud to more citizens in Pennsylvania. The Bureau of Charities should be investigated for giving out nonprofits like penny candy. Lying on the applications and claiming to be American Indians is fraud and should not now or ever been allowed. The Bureau of Charities has helped create these bogus tribes with no proof of Indian blood lines.

Now these groups are taking advantage of senior citizens. The Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania has put out a notice looking for elderly to join them as elders. Real Indian tribes do not solicit for elders as they are in the tribe to begin with. They were so successful in cheating me that they are now looking for more victims. These people need to be shut down and they need to know that fraud is a criminal offence.

As far as the farm is concerned I have taken it back and this is giving notice to the Lenape Nation of PA and TRI-STATE UNITY COALITION. From now on you might think about what can happen when you cheat the elderly. We may be older and we may be a little slower, but we still know what it takes to stand up to the likes of you. We have something you lack backbone and standards.

Jane Quick

#48 Jul-19-2014 10:03:am

sschkaak
Website

How the Hell did I miss this, before now?  Thank you, TH!  I would have loved to have known this woman!  "These were the palest Indians I had ever seen."   lol

#49 Jul-19-2014 10:06:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

smile She sure made the story come alive. lol

#50 Jul-19-2014 10:42:am

sschkaak
Website

I see Chuck DeMund is now their "Ceremonial Chief" and Tom Dapice is a new council member.

Board footer